Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby SumFaggotPlayTester » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:52 am

Yeah they are seasonal. Think they'll be back in spring so you'll need to wait eighteen days.
loftar wrote:On the other hand, there's also a case to be made that we're all faggots down here and all deserve to be treated as such and that we all just revel in that anyway.

Quit letting companies make free shekels off of you; install UBlock today. Or better yet kick Google in the balls and install AdNauseam.
SumFaggotPlayTester

Postby noindyfikator » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:19 pm

Hi,
i've prepared my first fight deck. What does those numbers on my cards do?

e.g. what's difference between having 1 point on punch vs 5 points on punch card?
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:52 am

noindyfikator wrote: what's difference between having 1 point on punch vs 5 points on punch card?

It effectively increases the damage by a percentage. In most cases, you're best with 5 of a card for both attacks and primary defenses.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby vatas » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:50 am

MagicManICT wrote:
noindyfikator wrote: what's difference between having 1 point on punch vs 5 points on punch card?

It effectively increases the damage by a percentage. In most cases, you're best with 5 of a card for both attacks and primary defenses.

I may be wrong but to my understanding attack WEIGHT is increased, not damage. This however does indirectly increase the damage you deal as the attacks create more opening.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:05 am

vatas wrote:I may be wrong but to my understanding attack WEIGHT is increased, not damage. This however does indirectly increase the damage you deal as the attacks create more opening.

You're correct. I'm probably oversimplifying too much with that statement.

Note, it does depend on the skill. Some don't have an increase in attack weight, but instead modify something else. It's best to check the skill for the 'mu' (μ) value and what is affected.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

How do I set village permissions

Postby Keyaltaccount » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:45 pm

How does my lawspeaker set village permissions?

I am a member of the village but can only operate on the part of the village that he has claimed. I can tell as I have renounce as an option. But I can't log in anywhere but my own hearth fire which makes me a bit less useful a village member than I was hoping...
Keyaltaccount

Postby Keyaltaccount » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:51 pm

Okay, got it, thanks!
Keyaltaccount

Postby pawnchito » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:09 pm

Do claimed (village) milestones decay?
pawnchito

Postby vatas » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:06 pm

pawnchito wrote:Do claimed (village) milestones decay?

They shouldn't, if they do decay that would be a dick move from developers. Also claim covering big milestone should affect all the small ones connected to it.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby pawnchito » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:04 pm

vatas wrote:
pawnchito wrote:Do claimed (village) milestones decay?

They shouldn't, if they do decay that would be a dick move from developers. Also claim covering big milestone should affect all the small ones connected to it.

this occured on my village on claimed stuff. thats been claimed since like the world started. i for sure know the place did not run out of authority yet the milestone is at 75%, no other player bashed. inside full palisade.

bug maybe?
pawnchito

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?