Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:38 pm

pawnchito wrote:this occured on my village on claimed stuff. thats been claimed since like the world started. i for sure know the place did not run out of authority yet the milestone is at 75%, no other player bashed. inside full palisade.

bug maybe?

Possibly. My understanding is the same as vatas--roads shouldn't decay if either end point is claimed.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby rodibres » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:02 am

Hello fellow friends :D

I really want to come back to H&H but i have a couple of quick questions.

1- Is there any ETA for the world 12 to start?

2- How`s the status of the new combat system? I saw a developer stream a couple months ago and loved the rework of the combat system, to be fair i never quite understood the current one. I saw that a lot of people enjoyed but most of the veteran players didn't like. So what did the devs decided about the new combat system?

Thanks a lot guys .
rodibres

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:44 am

rodibres wrote:1- Is there any ETA for the world 12 to start?

There never an ETA unless it is already announced. You will then see a sticky about it in the Announcements. You just have to check in every few weeks.

rodibres wrote:How`s the status of the new combat system?

Scrapped. It hasn't been given up on, but the last changes were a no go. (I'm assuming you're talking about the system we currently have had for the last couple of years rather than one of the older iterations or legacy Haven's combat.)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby rodibres » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:33 pm

MagicManICT wrote:

Scrapped. It hasn't been given up on, but the last changes were a no go. (I'm assuming you're talking about the system we currently have had for the last couple of years rather than one of the older iterations or legacy Haven's combat.)

The new combat system i saw on a dev stream was a more similar approach to Salem, where you need to aim and land attacks instead of the current with skills and auto aim (i dunno well how to explain h&h combat lol).
rodibres

Postby vatas » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:54 pm

rodibres wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:

The new combat system i saw on a dev stream was a more similar approach to Salem, where you need to aim and land attacks instead of the current with skills and auto aim (i dunno well how to explain h&h combat lol).

I would almost say turn-based (of course it's not literally like that with varying CD but it often feels like that.) Not sure if this is any help but you could think of a card game with strict turns where you slam cards on the table (moves are even referred to as cards and set of moves as decks.)

Not expert on salem combat, most of the time I just stomped stuff to death (spamming stomp can stunlock and deal heavy damage if done right IIRC.) The main reason devs scrapped it was that people pointed out how significant portion of people play with 200ms+ ping and they would be at inherent disadvantage in more real-time based system. (Coming to back to the cards example, you can que your next card slam so it gets done instantly without delay due to lag I assume.)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby rodibres » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:02 pm

vatas wrote:I would almost say turn-based (of course it's not literally like that with varying CD but it often feels like that.) Not sure if this is any help but you could think of a card game with strict turns where you slam cards on the table (moves are even referred to as cards and set of moves as decks.)

Not expert on salem combat, most of the time I just stomped stuff to death (spamming stomp can stunlock and deal heavy damage if done right IIRC.) The main reason devs scrapped it was that people pointed out how significant portion of people play with 200ms+ ping and they would be at inherent disadvantage in more real-time based system. (Coming to back to the cards example, you can que your next card slam so it gets done instantly without delay due to lag I assume.)

Oh that makes sense, it would be really frustrating to miss attacks due to lag. Thanks a lot for the fast reply friends :D Guess i'll have to learn this combat and stop dying to literally every single thing in the game :lol:
rodibres

Postby Zajmer » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:32 pm

I would like to verify some informations about farming from wiki, someone told me that some of them are outdated.

1. what's the quality roll upon planting seeds is it [-5,5] as wiki says? or [-2,5] as I have heard about.
2. if i want to split my crops into three sections each in order to maximize quality growth what time interval should I take between planting seeds? is 5 hours time gap true?
Zajmer

Postby borka » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:59 pm

This world ends in a few days and devs are going to change some stuff related to crops in next one so i guess the RoB Wiki gets updates anyways

jorb wrote:All crops have a local quality field, which caps their quality growth. However, crops will not lower in quality by being planted in an area of quality lower than their own, meaning that you can still import better crops from elsewhere, grow them in your own lower quality surrounding, without experiencing quality loss. The caps are set high enough that they shouldn't matter at all for a good while.

This world i've seen no minus q, sometimes stagnation, but mostly +2 ... i've not bothered about time intervals myself
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby Clemence » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:44 am

What part of the equation does unarmed combat ability matters ? Is it a softcap for dmg or something like that?
http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Unarmed_Combat
Clemence

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:53 am

Clemence wrote:What part of the equation does unarmed combat ability matters ? Is it a softcap for dmg or something like that?
http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Unarmed_Combat

The ability of the attack is compared to the ability of the maneuver. The amount of opening done (and consequently damage) is increased or decreased based on the difference in the two values. If the attacker is higher, then it's a bigger opening, and if lower, than less opening. The math and specifics are explained here: http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Combat_moves

Damage is based on weapon (and quality) and strength of wielder, then modified by the amount of opening of the attack on the target. (If the target is at 0 openenings, then 0 damage, and will take full damage all 100 openings.)
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?