Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby uncleseano » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:42 am

Agrik wrote:I can only say my 1 not harvested leek did not go back in spring. I strongly suspect it's a general behavior, and even the summer won't help.

Take what I say with a pinch of salt but it seems that ones the snow starts to properly melt and the trees are getting their leaves back then it's time to replant everything EXCEPT for stuff on Trellis'. They seems to 'reset' back to stage 2 and then regrow.
uncleseano

Postby TheOriginalFive » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:15 am

All ground crops (non-trellis) have to be replanted all over again.
TheOriginalFive

Postby pawnchito » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:24 am

Is there a way to help trigger experience events. I've been wanting to get a Heartwood experience for several weeks and collected almost a whole stack but no event.
pawnchito

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:45 am

Just try to cycle through experience events and check in on that every few (or something around there). There is a minimum time delay on some, like the localized resources, so trying to push them too quickly won't help. You mention several weeks, though, so you should be well past that delay. A lot of people just skip these quests due to the trouble getting them to trigger.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby pawnchito » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:50 am

abandoning is not really an option at this point I'm like 5/6 into the credo and i've already waited so long lol. I have had the others like the clay pit pop at least a few times since i started tracking this quest.

I can help cycle them though? like if i pop all of them. Ty.
pawnchito

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:53 am

There's a couple posts around about "experience farms." They're a bit old now, but the idea should be the same. Here's one: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=51451&hilit=experience+farm#p680668. I believe there was a short video of jordancoles' showing his one world, though I'm not spotting it on a quick search.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Archiplex » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:16 pm

Are millets worth anything? I still haven't figured out for the sake of my life what the various flours impact in recipes, or if there's any consistency in it, but is millet worth bothering with if you already have far higher quality barley? I know wheat is at least needed for honeybuns but..
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby Vigilance » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:22 am

from what ive learned millet seems to be a pretty shitty crop all around, i think we found some very mediocre will recipes with it, but it was bad enough that we stopped growing it pretty quick. since breads in general are pretty lacklustre as a whole theres no reason to satiate yourself on anything but the most minmax great recipes anyway.
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby uncleseano » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:08 pm

Soooo.... am I right in saying that the winter killed off all the mulberry leaves, mulberries, apples, pears, cherries, sorbs, quince, laurels, olives, persimmons etc?

This might make sense from a realworld perspective but from a game mechanic it's fucking stupid as shit. My entire tree crop of growns fruits has been totally destroyed. I can't even get seeds to replant... it's just gone.

This is...*really* daft

EDIT: Seems like my acrons, king acorns, pretty much every seed for every tree is dead. Several months down the shitter, pretty much all of my tree seeds are fucked. Are we expected to actually log on before winter, gather all of the seeds/fruits and then replant after winter is over? Such a stupid mechanic
uncleseano

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:59 pm

Trees that are mature will get seeds and such back, if not during spring, then in summer (I'd have to double check patch notes to be sure what the process is). Trees that weren't mature should finish growing and give seeds and other products as per usual.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?