Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:52 am

To add to what Archiplex said: I prefer one that is on a different account so that I can always manage roles better instead of having to log in and out of an account, and so that I can oath in my own alts.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby pawnchito » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:36 pm

Does perception affect the rate of finding gems?
pawnchito

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:21 am

From what I can tell, gems are purely random with the only influence being the gem hunter. They do occur in nodes like everything else, and concentrations can be high and low. I might have missed something clearly stating that "these stats influence chance to find gems" in the past, so someone may have other, better information.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby pawnchito » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:02 am

Ty MMICT. So then I guess to the heart of what I'm asking. Assuming a naked char can mine completely naked and has masonry at 300+. What kind of guilds should be placed to maximize yields?
pawnchito

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:51 am

Sorry, that's what I was trying to say. No stats have influence, only the bonus from gem hunter (increase in finding gems, 10% or so, I believe; not mentioned in wiki). No gilds can affect the yield of mining, including gems, only the credos.
MagicManICT

Postby Xhodan » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:51 am

Does anyone know how much QL affects things like, the time it takes for hides to dry or fish? Like are there noticeable differences between say s 20q rack compared to a 80q rack?
Xhodan

Postby Archiplex » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:08 am

Xhodan wrote:Does anyone know how much QL affects things like, the time it takes for hides to dry or fish? Like are there noticeable differences between say s 20q rack compared to a 80q rack?

Anything with quality tends to have a purpose. Most creation items like ovens/smelters factor in their quality when they produce items; for drying racks, it increases the speed as is labeled here: http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Drying_Frame
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby uncleseano » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:56 pm

Looking at the Lineseed requirements for a sketch is 16,010 = 16 Litres or 160 Litres?

Also bit of advice, I'm expanding my village toward the a river for fishing nets and a dock. One Village flag would do it but should I plop a P-Claim down instead? Is it recommended (if I do go down a Village Banner Route) to wall it in as it'll be outside my villages main walls?
uncleseano

Postby Archiplex » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:44 pm

160 litres. 100 = 1 litre
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby uncleseano » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:13 am

Archiplex wrote:160 litres. 100 = 1 litre

That seems kinda heavy... stupidly heavy even. So to just make a really basic picture with a white back ground of a donkey in black pen I need 24,195 or 241 Litres of Linseed?! What maddness!

Anywhos what about my other lil confused question here:

Also bit of advice, I'm expanding my village toward the a river for fishing nets and a dock. One Village flag would do it but should I plop a P-Claim down instead? Is it recommended (if I do go down a Village Banner Route) to wall it in as it'll be outside my villages main walls?
uncleseano

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?