Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby vardana » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:39 pm

Cant find Yarrow. Per*exp 5000. Wiki says needed 200. Grasslands, i was riding 40 minuts trough different grasslands and didnt found nothing.
Whats other should i do? Is this so rare or its easy to find on 1 specific grassland type?
vardana

Postby Granger » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:44 pm

vardana wrote:Cant find Yarrow. Per*exp 5000. Wiki says needed 200. Grasslands, i was riding 40 minuts trough different grasslands and didnt found nothing.
Whats other should i do? Is this so rare or its easy to find on 1 specific grassland type?

Foraging spawns depend on (ingame) time of day.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby vatas » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:47 pm

Yarrow only spawns in specific grasslands I don't remember specifics (cloudrange is probably one of them) but generic grass is one of them and therefor you can use your thrash seeds to plant grass on area cleared from trees and Yarrow will eventually spawn on it. This is assuming you need to pick yarrow for Credo, otherwise you could trade for some. Note that yarrow can be grown it in pots. ("Pick" quests require foraging from the wild.)

Out of which grasslands you can exclude, I don't think I've ever seen one in Moor or Redplain. Probably neither in Oxpasture. Plenty of these near me and my group had trouble picking yarrow at the early weeks.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby vardana » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:20 pm

I checked cloud range and grass, all what i have in higth radius of my base and still nothing. So if its depends time, what time i should go? It was morning while i was seeking.
vardana

Postby uncleseano » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:15 pm

I had to go through a whirlie to get some. They don't seem to spawn in a huge chunk of the north Eastern continent.

Say, what are everyone's favorite Mass produced credos to leave in the study desks?

Straw dolls & feather trinkets excluded
uncleseano

Postby Dondy » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:48 pm

How far away do I have to move my stockpiles before they are safe from get sucked into my construction site? I just found out the hard way that two tiles is not far enough.
Dondy

Postby DoctorCookie » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:44 am

uncleseano wrote:I had to go through a whirlie to get some. They don't seem to spawn in a huge chunk of the north Eastern continent.

Say, what are everyone's favorite Mass produced credos to leave in the study desks?

Onion braid and fossil collection.
DoctorCookie

Postby bmjclark » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:43 am

uncleseano wrote:I had to go through a whirlie to get some. They don't seem to spawn in a huge chunk of the north Eastern continent.

Seer's stones and seer's spindles
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby insanechef » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:10 am

i like seer's bowl/tealeaves, enthroned toad, leather ball, shiny marbles, tiny abacus, easter egg, seer's spindle/stones, plush bat, grand haruspax, stuffed bear

some of them aren't great but they are easy to make, last forever and are affected by quality easier.
Last edited by insanechef on Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
insanechef

Postby uncleseano » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:53 pm

Onwards to more questions:

Do I need to dig up Tin Ore to make bronze? I have Tin and Copper but I don't have the option to smelt at the crucible, or even skill at all in 'Smithing & Metals'.

I tried to have another toon teach me the Ore but I got the 'This is old news' as if to say I already know the skill
uncleseano

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?