Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby pppp » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:35 am

If you are hesitating about losing 10k lp, you most likely started the credo too early. Nonetheless it would be easier if you wrote the exact quest subject here. It is quite possible that the shroom in question is easy to find by entering one of caves. Depending on quest type you do not always have to collect it yourself so maybe some of your neighbours would be willing to give you that shroom. If you have to pick it yourself, focus on raising your perception and exploration, and make yourself clothes with per and exp enhancing items, e.g. mole's pawbone, forager brooch or leather patch.
pppp

Postby uncleseano » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:14 pm

It's a Stalagoom. Thing is though if I do actually get it and hand it in then my next quest we'll need to be completed(returned) by another tree/rock whatever in the same area. And the point is I'm moving far far far soon enough.

So it would a massive pain in the arse needing to walk all the way back to this point everytime I need to hand in a Q.

Unless, I get the Schroom off a neighbour around this area, hand in the quest. Then move to the new area and then abandon the Q. That would refresh the hand in point to something local? I'm just spitballin' here
uncleseano

Postby Hrenli » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:28 pm

Not all credo quests involve trees or rocks. Some quests are just to obtain X stat or attribute or to pick something. If you want to keep the credo progress and move - just wait till such quest pops up.
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Postby yozzik111 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:29 pm

I've changed my run.command (similar to run.bat on win) settings and now my map and all markers are gone. Seems like allocating more memory triggers some clean-up.
Any suggestions on how to restore my map data?
Wengdalf, gurbibal master, drunken hunter, the thief of Constantinopol, he who never died of man`s hand, son of Severin, grandson of Yozz, Yozzik. Also an owl.

P.S. More nice hats please!
yozzik111

Postby uncleseano » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:49 pm

Hrenli wrote:Not all credo quests involve trees or rocks. Some quests are just to obtain X stat or attribute or to pick something. If you want to keep the credo progress and move - just wait till such quest pops up.

Ok so I'll go begging for a lil schroom before I move on. If not I'll put it down to a learning experience
uncleseano

Postby abt79 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:15 pm

uncleseano wrote:It's a Stalagoom. Thing is though if I do actually get it and hand it in then my next quest we'll need to be completed(returned) by another tree/rock whatever in the same area. And the point is I'm moving far far far soon enough.

So it would a massive pain in the arse needing to walk all the way back to this point everytime I need to hand in a Q.

Unless, I get the Schroom off a neighbour around this area, hand in the quest. Then move to the new area and then abandon the Q. That would refresh the hand in point to something local? I'm just spitballin' here

Stalagooms simply are not that rare, they’re like subterranean daisies. In a decent cave you should find plenty if you’ve increased your perception and exploration at least a little since this world’s beginning.
abt79

Postby uncleseano » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:20 pm

abt79 wrote:
uncleseano wrote:It's a Stalagoom. Thing is though if I do actually get it and hand it in then my next quest we'll need to be completed(returned) by another tree/rock whatever in the same area. And the point is I'm moving far far far soon enough.

Stalagooms simply are not that rare, they’re like subterranean daisies. In a decent cave you should find plenty if you’ve increased your perception and exploration at least a little since this world’s beginning.

Ah, I do have the minimum. I've yet to find a cave that's more than just a tiny 4x4 hole but I'll keep on looking. I'll keep on plodding around until my leather is done and then I'll head off regardless
uncleseano

Postby ErdTod » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:24 pm

uncleseano wrote: I've yet to find a cave that's more than just a tiny 4x4 hole but I'll keep on looking

These are not caves, these are burrows. Caves are on the ridges and are marked on minimap.
ErdTod

Postby Granger » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:26 pm

KatoKhan wrote:Is there a delay between the time you seal you last palisade cornerpost and the time you get the red flags ?

Because if not I messed up somehow. Sealed them all and no flags.

In case you refer to Visitor Gates with 'red flags': you messed up, these are a build option distinct from the normal gates (but in the same menu).
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby pppp » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:43 pm

yozzik111 wrote:I've changed my run.command (similar to run.bat on win) settings and now my map and all markers are gone. Seems like allocating more memory triggers some clean-up.
Any suggestions on how to restore my map data?

Not an Apple user, but it seems you somehow changed the place where java keeps temporary files so now it looks where there are none.
pppp

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?