Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:09 am

Sevenless wrote:Only way I'm aware of is to start repairing it with appropriate material. Alternatively some of the custom clients have "show damage" views, but it can only show in 25% increments so it can be a bit misleading.

It's the exact same thing the standard client shows, but in obvious numbers instead of slightly mysterious color change of red tinting.

Draguslayer wrote:Royal throne, chair, really gives bonus FEP and hunger reduction as wiki says?

Yes. Better chairs have better base bonuses. I'm unsure if higher qualities still give better bonuses as Symbel items have had a major change to them this world.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby VDZ » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:33 am

uncleseano wrote:
Sevenless wrote:
uncleseano wrote:Any handy way to see the HP of a boat? I'm getting messages saying it gets damaged on the sea. Not in the mood for drowning today

The magnifying glass doesn't seem to work

Only way I'm aware of is to start repairing it with appropriate material. Alternatively some of the custom clients have "show damage" views, but it can only show in 25% increments so it can be a bit misleading.

Gotcha, thanks. I've one last ocean stretch to go across till I've gotten to where I wanna go so I'll try and fix it up with some blocks. Thanks

EDIT: Dugouts are not very good at crossing deep waters
https://imgur.com/a/TVa8zXv

Ouch. I would strongly advise against trying to cross oceans in anything but a Knarr, due to reasons you have already experienced now. Someone should've warned you against what you were planning to do along with providing the info on boat damage...

Draguslayer wrote:Royal throne, chair, really gives bonus FEP and hunger reduction as wiki says?

Yes, and it provides the significant bonus listed on the wiki, seemingly unaffected by quality. Highly recommended.
VDZ

Postby uncleseano » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:38 am

I was trying to get to the Northwest island. Failed miserably.

Can a rowing boat cross oceans?
uncleseano

Postby Granger » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:05 am

uncleseano wrote:I was trying to get to the Northwest island. Failed miserably.
Sorry for your loss.

Can a rowing boat cross oceans?

No.

But you can travel with all vessels through a Vortex to end up somewhere else.
Just keep in mind that this damages the vessel, so you need to repair it fully prior to going through. A dugout needs 1-2 blocks per passage, always go alone as the damage scales with the amount of passengers.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby uncleseano » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:10 am

I'll look into it

The character was obviously only a few days old with only some leather gear but it's a pain regardless when you get killed because of a new mechanic and you missed the memo.

Double annoying when I was kindly given all the info I needed to make my journey just minus the parts that it was fatal. I wouldn't mind getting murdered that's all in the game but this... This is just silly

Is there a topic on the forums that kind souls list three vortex's in the world and were they go?
uncleseano

Postby vidgin » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:33 am

Is there something that effect chance of stunning trees? Or it is just random number for each tree, isn't it?
vidgin

Postby Doradus » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:19 am

How do i deal with slimes with my miner? Do i raise ua/mc and carry a sword with me?
Doradus

Postby VDZ » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:56 am

Granger wrote:always go alone as the damage scales with the amount of passengers.

I would like to emphasize this before another preventable death occurs. A vessel with two people in it has a chance to insta-break from 100% when entering a vortex. Don't do it.

uncleseano wrote:Is there a topic on the forums that kind souls list three vortex's in the world and were they go?

Haven't seen any such list, but I know there's a vortex at (-118, 73) if you happen to be nearby there. Destination is kind of complicated; they switch roughly every two weeks, so unless you checked recently (and a small chance even then) you won't know until you try. I haven't entered that vortex in a while so I'm not sure where it leads to now.

Doradus wrote:How do i deal with slimes with my miner? Do i raise ua/mc and carry a sword with me?

Assuming you're talking about mined out slimes, the answer is run like hell. They swarm you and multiply during combat. You're not going to win that battle.
VDZ

Postby Nexit » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:38 pm

Does leech quality affect chance to heal wounds?
Nexit

Postby budzilla » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:03 pm

What am I missing for the clay pipe recipe?

-Discovered clay
-Have pottery skill
-Harvested pipeweed
-Dried pipeweed
-Ground pipeweed

Still no pipe recipe :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
budzilla

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?