Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby Ysh » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:10 pm

Sevenless wrote:Image

Starting to wonder ysh, do you just like my artwork? Maybe I should draw in some lakes too :lol:

So benefit of this is only for case where I am unable to teleport myself, and also I manage to get in and close normal gate before pursuer follows me inside?

Thank you for patience in try to explain this to me!
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Sevenless » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:08 pm

Lets say you're currently aggroed. People in active combat relations cannot go through a visitor gate. It can be either an animal, or a player, but you won't be able to enter visitor gates. The normal gate allows you to run inside the box and close it behind you. You can't use the visitor gate, or hearth, but you're safe even if you're unable to hearth because you're aggroed.

However, usually anyway, your attacker is already touching you and will get inside the box before you can close it. This is where the locked house comes in. By running into the house you break line of sight and can begin the de-aggro timer. The best quality lock you can make is to delay PvPers from getting inside the house and re-aggroing you. Many pvpers don't have the necessary ability/skills to pick locks quickly, and it can delay them for a long time if it's a decent quality (for that stage of the world) metal lock.

In both cases, whether or not you got inside the gate and locked them outside, you're now able to break combat and hearth out of harms way. Great for any non-pvping group. For more aggressive factions, locking an enemy inside an airlock gives you a strong advantage in possibly killing the person caught. If your primary goal is to kill people rather than escape, you might not want the house as it would make holding aggro on someone caught inside the airlock harder.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Ysh » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:46 pm

Sevenless wrote:Lets say you're currently aggroed. People in active combat relations cannot go through a visitor gate. It can be either an animal, or a player, but you won't be able to enter visitor gates. The normal gate allows you to run inside the box and close it behind you. You can't use the visitor gate, or hearth, but you're safe even if you're unable to hearth because you're aggroed.

However, usually anyway, your attacker is already touching you and will get inside the box before you can close it. This is where the locked house comes in. By running into the house you break line of sight and can begin the de-aggro timer. The best quality lock you can make is to delay PvPers from getting inside the house and re-aggroing you. Many pvpers don't have the necessary ability/skills to pick locks quickly, and it can delay them for a long time if it's a decent quality (for that stage of the world) metal lock.

In both cases, whether or not you got inside the gate and locked them outside, you're now able to break combat and hearth out of harms way. Great for any non-pvping group. For more aggressive factions, locking an enemy inside an airlock gives you a strong advantage in possibly killing the person caught. If your primary goal is to kill people rather than escape, you might not want the house as it would make holding aggro on someone caught inside the airlock harder.

Yes, I understand already everything you say here. However, what you say here does not have any mention of extra visitor gate. This is part I do not understand!
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Sevenless » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:25 am

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by extra.

This is what most villages look like gate wise these days. The PvP box is added onto the normal visitor gate. The point of having the visitor gate instead of a normal locked one is that you don't need a key to get in if you're walking from outside. The roundpole fence + visitor debuff acts like a locked door to everyone unless they have claim permissions. And even if you forget to close it, or someone runs past you when you open it, they're still stuck with visitor debuff and can't hurt your village. The pvp gate just takes advantage of this mechanic to treat it as a regular locked gate, but without any of the possible (although small) risks that come with those gates.

You can do airlocks without access to the inside of the village, but that means if you want to kill the person inside the airlock, you have to deal with anyone else they might have outside your walls. That's why you want some kind of safe way to enter the airlock, which I just combine with a normal village entrance here to make things convenient.

The Art of Herding
Sevenless

Postby Ysh » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:43 am

Sevenless wrote:I'm not sure I understand what you mean by extra.

This is what most villages look like gate wise these days. The PvP box is added onto the normal visitor gate. The point of having the visitor gate instead of a normal locked one is that you don't need a key to get in if you're walking from outside. The roundpole fence + visitor debuff acts like a locked door to everyone unless they have claim permissions. And even if you forget to close it, or someone runs past you when you open it, they're still stuck with visitor debuff and can't hurt your village. The pvp gate just takes advantage of this mechanic to treat it as a regular locked gate, but without any of the possible (although small) risks that come with those gates.

You can do airlocks without access to the inside of the village, but that means if you want to kill the person inside the airlock, you have to deal with anyone else they might have outside your walls. That's why you want some kind of safe way to enter the airlock, which I just combine with a normal village entrance here to make things convenient.

Ok, I think I get this picture now. Thanks much!

Ysh

Postby Khada » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:42 pm

Is there marble on -1? I'm pretty sure i've found every single type of rock but marble . .
Khada

Postby Sevenless » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:07 pm

Khada wrote:Is there marble on -1? I'm pretty sure i've found every single type of rock but marble . .

Yes there is, but it can be regional. If you're hunting for quarryman and do know the other rocks, might be better to ditch it and reroll.

The Art of Herding
Sevenless

Postby donatas081294 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:44 pm

can you use salt water in water based recipies like baked goods?
donatas081294

Postby Azureek » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:49 pm

Today i found out my settlement is very close to 2 realms. "People Population" and "White power". Any information on whether they're hermit bullies or friendly?
Azureek

Postby Sevenless » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:56 pm

Azureek wrote:Today i found out my settlement is very close to 2 realms. "People Population" and "White power". Any information on whether they're hermit bullies or friendly?

It's better to ask these kinds of questions in the moot. The people who know politics aren't usually in these forums.

The Art of Herding
Sevenless

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?