Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby Fostik » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:58 pm

Hasta wrote:What does a "drop of blood" icon near to a character mean? Amber client.

Some jerkwad came to our place recently and tried his best to bait us. He threw a lot of bullshit around sprinkled with well-known nicknames so I guess that was someone's combat alt bored out of his mind; and the icon probably indicates "murder" or being red-handed for a Heinous crime or something similar. I would like to have definitive info, though, thanks.

Will provide a neat screenshot, if necessary, just a bit later.

As it revealed from latest big PvP murder - it displays activated murderous rage.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Hasta » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:33 pm

Fostik wrote:
Hasta wrote:What does a "drop of blood" icon near to a character mean?

As it revealed from latest big PvP murder - it displays activated murderous rage.

Aha. Thanks.
Hasta

Postby Yonzheng » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:15 pm

Quick question.

I´m doing the fishing credo, and one of the quests involved creating an Artifact for Will. Already tried something like Gilding a Fisherman's Hat with Chitin Sequins, but to no sucess. What would be a somewhat easy combination to craft this artifact?
Yonzheng

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:07 am

Yonzheng wrote:Quick question.

I´m doing the fishing credo, and one of the quests involved creating an Artifact for Will. Already tried something like Gilding a Fisherman's Hat with Chitin Sequins, but to no sucess. What would be a somewhat easy combination to craft this artifact?

You need a gild with +will on it when it asks for an artifact, not an item with will affinity with a gild in it. Clogs with something like a Finebone trinket or Fine feather brooch would be just fine. Most people have wishbones or other fine bones they won't use for anything else on hand, or fine feathers that don't make good curios. Snakeskin stripes or Moose antler buttons are other options, but usually better for real aplications. If you have a low tier onyx on hand, it might be worth doing a cheap ring gild, but I think the other options are better.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Clemence » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:19 pm

Does the quality of Smoke Shed matter or can i build it with just the look in mind ?
Clemence

Postby pawnchito » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:06 am

quality of smoke shed does indeed matter.
pawnchito

Postby relmo » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:44 am

pawnchito wrote:quality of smoke shed does indeed matter.

I came here to ask exactly same question and found your message. Thank you.

upd
From the other hand, my friend said that quality of Shed only affects the speed of smoking. The quality of the product depends on the quality of the wood which you use.
So where is the true?
W12:
Argonian Seeks-the-Abyss - Tailor of Unurgunite, opium dealer, silk mama
Jules/Atma Shikari - Hunter of Unurgunte (what a joke)

Old Hafen W3, W4: Hermit
relmo

Postby Lurux » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:51 pm

What are the current rules about snekkja's?
Should we dock them for safety? Is it safe just to put them next to the beach in claim somewhere?
Lurux

Postby relmo » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:26 am

1) How long does it take for Witherstand to fully grow up?
2) How many blocks does it gives after choping?
W12:
Argonian Seeks-the-Abyss - Tailor of Unurgunite, opium dealer, silk mama
Jules/Atma Shikari - Hunter of Unurgunte (what a joke)

Old Hafen W3, W4: Hermit
relmo

Postby vatas » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:34 pm

relmo wrote:1) How long does it take for Witherstand to fully grow up?
2) How many blocks does it gives after choping?

1. Don't really know but I'd assume they're not that fast. Don't know if they were treated similarly as with Towercaps which were made to have cavetiles as their natural biome, increasing growth rate. Maybe 1-2 weeks.
2. Based on relatively feint memories, 4-8.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?