Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby iamahh » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:01 pm

Lurux wrote:What are the current rules about snekkja's?
Should we dock them for safety? Is it safe just to put them next to the beach in claim somewhere?

I think the main thing is they can be destroyed by hand, unlike the knarr, but they're cheaper and faster on river

now if docking them gives some protection you need to go trough the last announcements
iamahh

Postby relmo » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:54 pm

Do bears even spawn in winter? D:
I have a quest with that shaggy...

upd
Sorry, "Creature Seasonality Table" said no, they are not spawn.
W12:
Argonian Seeks-the-Abyss - Tailor of Unurgunite, opium dealer, silk mama
Jules/Atma Shikari - Hunter of Unurgunte (what a joke)

Old Hafen W3, W4: Hermit
relmo

Postby Bajceps » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:24 pm

Guyz, I can see that winter is 10 days. But I remember I've read about 5 few patches ago. Was that reverted?
Bajceps

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:39 pm

Bajceps wrote:Guyz, I can see that winter is 10 days. But I remember I've read about 5 few patches ago. Was that reverted?

Where you seeing it say 10 days at? Yes, it was changed around a month ago. viewtopic.php?f=39&t=68835&hilit=winter+days#p862926
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby pawnchito » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:04 am

amber client and other clients that display season length have 10 days noted.
pawnchito

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:08 am

pawnchito wrote:amber client and other clients that display season length have 10 days noted.

I just wanted to make sure it wasn't on the wiki or something. Thanks.

edit: doesn't look like the wiki was updated, either, so that's fixed. (I'm not sure if the automatic calendar will be working right for start days on specific seasons, but the start of the year shouldn't change. Will need to consult mvgulik on that part of it as far as I'm aware.)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby relmo » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:39 pm

relmo wrote:1) How long does it take for Witherstand to fully grow up?
2) How many blocks does it gives after choping?

2) 0-7 - tested on 30 samples. Chopped with no skilled char without any credo.
1) I discovered that Witherstand, planted in a cave, begins to grow at 30% and adds a little less than a percent per real hour. Thus, the trees planted ~4-5 days ago have already grown. The character who planted trees has ~130 farming, Druidic Rite skill and 4/5 Farmer credo.
W12:
Argonian Seeks-the-Abyss - Tailor of Unurgunite, opium dealer, silk mama
Jules/Atma Shikari - Hunter of Unurgunte (what a joke)

Old Hafen W3, W4: Hermit
relmo

Postby CLAVICEMBALO4 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:57 am

CLAVICEMBALO4

Postby CLAVICEMBALO4 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:59 am

CLAVICEMBALO4

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:37 am

CLAVICEMBALO4 wrote:What ulr i have to put?

Quick answwer: leave as is or make it blank unless you're playing with someone that has asked you to enter a URL there.

I believe that has to do with this thread: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=67266#p848586 Basically, it allows you to automatically share certain information with others, not just the map tiles that can be saved. If you do have access to a private map service, then whoever you're getting that access from should be able to give you more information.

You could also run a map service locally (in case you like to run more than one client or other such), but I'm not sure of the requirements on such.

To note: I'm not sure if the public world map is accepting information this way or not. I haven't kept up on the changes to it. The thread is here: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=46918
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?