Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby Lurux » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:14 pm

Chieves wrote:Thanks for the help I got. My character does not seem to heal, as it doesnt say that I can heal the blunt trauma naturally. I am curious whether bark grows back or not

Make sure your energy bar is green.
You can do this by eating foods which give a lot of hunger recovery (its written with each food for example wild grub).
all wounds which are saying : this wound will probably heal by itself : will be healed when bar is green. All others you need to make something for. see also the wiki. An easy medicin with 3 nettle + 2 string. (stinging poultice). Don't worry to much about wounds as most of them you will be able to recover complete of. Note : don't use the meds based on toad, they will give you wrats for the rest of your existence ( I learned this the hard way).
Lurux

Postby Chieves » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:03 pm

How do I craft a wilderness totem? I have carpenting, pottery and it still doesn't show on my menu, not even when I search for it
Chieves

Postby synntax33 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:41 pm

Chieves wrote:How do I craft a wilderness totem? I have carpenting, pottery and it still doesn't show on my menu, not even when I search for it

Have you discovered clay yet? Boards as well? The skill is not always the bottleneck
synntax33

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:07 pm

RajinRF wrote:Does the palisade drying apply only to new initial posts? Or does an extension of an existing post also have drying time?

I want to know if it's safe to remodel my outer walls.

Each tile you build has its own timer. To safely remodel walls, build your expansion area, and then wait a few days to take down the old.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Chieves » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:37 pm

higherark wrote:How do I fill up a kuksa? Is it just not possible to do so from a body of water?

Left-click it in your inventory. Then right click a body of water
Chieves

Postby RajinRF » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:32 am

What are the current rules on handbashing palisades on claims?

1. Can someone with a sledge knock down a dried pali on a V Claim?
2. Can someone with a sledge knock down a fresh pali on a V Claim?
3. Are the rules different with a P Claim?
RajinRF

Postby vatas » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:10 am

Any active claim will prevent palibashing.

Make sure that the Palisade is completely claimed.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Chieves » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:25 pm

Should I just eat all the food I get to raise stats super quickly? Does food rot?
Chieves

Postby vatas » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:18 pm

Chieves wrote:Should I just eat all the food I get to raise stats super quickly?

Satiations will reduce the effectiveness of that strategy. Wasting Energy gain (ie. eating despite having full energy bar) is almost mandatory for any meaningful and sane attribute rising (unless the character is miner, possibly.)

Chieves wrote:Does food rot?

No.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby RajinRF » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:39 pm

MagicManICT wrote:Each tile you build has its own timer. To safely remodel walls, build your expansion area, and then wait a few days to take down the old.

vatas wrote:Any active claim will prevent palibashing. Make sure that the Palisade is completely claimed.

These seem like contradictory statements. To clarify, if I make a new, undried section of palisade on my V Claim, can a guy with a sledge break in?
RajinRF

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?