Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby Nightdawg » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:49 pm

RajinRF wrote:These seem like contradictory statements. To clarify, if I make a new, undried section of palisade on my V Claim, can a guy with a sledge break in?

Fresh palisade can be bashed for like 12 hours (maybe 16? idk) before it dries up on a Village/Player claim, assuming the claim itself is not fresh.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Chieves » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:36 am

1. Why did devs decide to not allow charter stones to be built underground?
2. Can a village be founded underground with all features(except the charter stone)?
3. Can a realm be founded underground with all features?

I'm very curious to find out. I've been reading a lot on villages and realms
Chieves

Postby AntiBlitz » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:08 am

Chieves wrote:1. Why did devs decide to not allow charter stones to be built underground?
2. Can a village be founded underground with all features(except the charter stone)?
3. Can a realm be founded underground with all features?

I'm very curious to find out. I've been reading a lot on villages and realms

because someone will create a vault village that you cant get to without having ever gotten to the stone.

yes

no idea never tried, made coronation stones, never tried it underground, tho i dont see why not.
AntiBlitz

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:00 am

RajinRF wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:Each tile you build has its own timer. To safely remodel walls, build your expansion area, and then wait a few days to take down the old.

vatas wrote:Any active claim will prevent palibashing. Make sure that the Palisade is completely claimed.

These seem like contradictory statements. To clarify, if I make a new, undried section of palisade on my V Claim, can a guy with a sledge break in?

That's because they are. New palisades are not protected from being bashed if they're not up to full soak (3 days). It's more a matter of the amount of strength a character has to bash one. Early in the world, it's not a big deal after about 12-24 hours. This late in, anyone can bring along a character with enough strength to break a palisade that is 70 hours old. They are also not protected off a claim or an inactive claim. See the wiki: http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Palisade
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby RajinRF » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:50 am

I don't see this on the wiki, but I assume dried P. Claims, V. banners, and V. Claims all work like dried palis and require siege to destroy?
RajinRF

Postby Bearcub » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:46 pm

So, could anyone tell me if there is any malachite on the level 3?
Bearcub

Postby vatas » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:37 pm

Bearcub wrote:So, could anyone tell me if there is any malachite on the level 3?

Malachite should spawn in L3 but ores are highly localized. It's possible that L3 around your base is completely devoid of it.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Bearcub » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:21 am

vatas wrote:
Bearcub wrote:So, could anyone tell me if there is any malachite on the level 3?

Malachite should spawn in L3 but ores are highly localized. It's possible that L3 around your base is completely devoid of it.

Well, luckily it is possible to look through the cave system. I hope it is still somewhere on our continent
Bearcub

Postby Karede » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:57 am

What's the lowest(highest?) cave level that black ore spawns on now? I'm sure it's on level 5 by virtue of it being required for level 6, but is it possible to find on level 4?
Karede

Postby Nightdawg » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:45 pm

Are all trolls slower than our hearthling's 4th speed (sprint)?

I saw a post out of context, speaking of running away from trolls at 4th speed. I've only had to run away from one troll out of all of the ones we killed, which was indeed slower than the 4th speed, but are all of them slower than it, or was I just lucky?
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?