Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby Clemence » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:30 pm

Do you remember witch tree or bush give bleu wood ?
Clemence

Postby Asgaroth22 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:28 pm

Any way to easily destroy a timber house that's on my claim? Or do I have to build a wrecking ball?
“The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

Douglas Adams

W3-W13 - mostly hermit, with a few brief periods as a crafter/farmer to various villages
Asgaroth22

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:03 pm

uncleseano wrote: I meant expanding out to keep room behind the palisade for a brickwall in the future or is it daft to plan for a Pali & brick combo

up to you if you want to bother with a brick wall even. If you look like you don't have much, people aren't going to put the time in to siege anyone. As long as your palisade can't be extended by anyone other than you, any raiders can't use it to pull wild tricks to protect themselves or equipment during a raid. But yeah, that's a perfect valid strategy for adding in a brick wall since they also can't use the existing palisade to screw with your construction.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Grog » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:27 pm

Asgaroth22 wrote:Any way to easily destroy a timber house that's on my claim? Or do I have to build a wrecking ball?

Depends on what you mean with easily.
A noob with a stoneaxe can bash it if he got some str, though it might take a while.

A neighbour of mine totally did that because he thought crops will be destroyed when he builds over them. Turns out they did not ¦]
Favourite thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3388
Grog

Postby Draguslayer » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:52 pm

So, can anyone explain, how exactly works bonfire? Are there any depends of fuel into it, how much tables should be around, any tips in using it?
Draguslayer

Postby uncleseano » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:09 am

Appreciate the help magic-man. Last question for now. Now that the pali is up and lookin' sexy if my main (who doesn't have rage) gets KOed by some randomer can they loot my unconscious body before I port back to base?
uncleseano

Postby NeoBasilisk » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:01 am

Can tea bushes get stunted? I planted some a while ago (forget how long), but I feel like it's been at least a week. Inspecting them never gave a percentage growth amount, so I never knew how far along they were. I can pick leaves, but they don't give any pods. Shouldn't they have pods immediately when fully grown?
NeoBasilisk

Postby Grog » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:14 am

NeoBasilisk wrote:Can tea bushes get stunted? I planted some a while ago (forget how long), but I feel like it's been at least a week. Inspecting them never gave a percentage growth amount, so I never knew how far along they were. I can pick leaves, but they don't give any pods. Shouldn't they have pods immediately when fully grown?

Use the inspect tool on them and see how far they are.
See if the % changes per day.
They should be grown by now, but maybe they sit on a very bad tile of terrain?
Bushes give pods immedietly after reaching 100%

So far I haven't had stunted bushes. Stunted poppycaps and wither I had however.

If you mean the neon-turquiose-it-hurts-my-eyes colour: Mayflowerwood
Grog

Postby NeoBasilisk » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:17 am

Grog wrote:
NeoBasilisk wrote:Can tea bushes get stunted? I planted some a while ago (forget how long), but I feel like it's been at least a week. Inspecting them never gave a percentage growth amount, so I never knew how far along they were. I can pick leaves, but they don't give any pods. Shouldn't they have pods immediately when fully grown?

Use the inspect tool on them and see how far they are.
See if the % changes per day.
They should be grown by now, but maybe they sit on a very bad tile of terrain?
Bushes give pods immedietly after reaching 100%

So far I haven't had stunted bushes. Stunted poppycaps and wither I had however.

I inspect it, but it acts like it does when you inspect a fully grown (or stunted) tree. I am looking in the system tab, but it only reports the quality. It does not report the % growth. When I right-click, it gives me the option to pick leaves, but not seedpods.

Also, they are planted on forest terrain
NeoBasilisk

Postby Grog » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:44 am

Definitly stunted then.
Grog

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?