Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:12 am

donatas081294 wrote:can you use salt water in water based recipies like baked goods?

In some crafting, yes. In others, no. I think tanning was confirmed as it works, but most, if not all, of food recipes require fresh water. I haven't had good quality salt water near, so haven't tested at all. Sorry for the non-answer, but it is spotty and I'd hate to suggest something and "get it wrong." Best I can say is to try.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby eduardosvs » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:12 am

When I inspect Ancient Windthrow it says it will "Refil in 3 days", is this 3 days in real life (72 hours) or 3 days in game. If its in game, how long is one day (in game) in real life hours?
eduardosvs

Postby Ysh » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:21 am

eduardosvs wrote:When I inspect Ancient Windthrow it says it will "Refil in 3 days", is this 3 days in real life (72 hours) or 3 days in game.

Real live.
eduardosvs wrote:If its in game, how long is one day (in game) in real life hours?

1 in game day = 8 real live hour.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Karede » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:58 pm

Do crops grow more slowly in fall? Do I need to have all of my crops harvested for winter? How many more rounds can I squeeze out before winter hits?
Karede

Postby linkfanpc » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:25 pm

Karede wrote:Do crops grow more slowly in fall? Do I need to have all of my crops harvested for winter? How many more rounds can I squeeze out before winter hits?

You should be able to grow most crops 2-3 more times, carrots closer to 8, pumpkins only around once.
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby BallisticMeat » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:23 am

Is it possible to put a personal claim over a border cairn for a kingdom? Or am I SOL in expanding my claim in that direction?
BallisticMeat

Postby Sevenless » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:43 am

BallisticMeat wrote:Is it possible to put a personal claim over a border cairn for a kingdom? Or am I SOL in expanding my claim in that direction?

Realm claims do not impact village or private claims in any way. Walling around a realm cairn might cause you issues though if someone wants to challenge it.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Karede » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:21 am

What's the early game method for hunting? Cliff hunting seems to be fixed, unless boars are supposed to have 1800 armor
Karede

Postby Audiosmurf » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:15 am

Karede wrote:What's the early game method for hunting? Cliff hunting seems to be fixed, unless boars are supposed to have 1800 armor

Bows work again.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Sevenless » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:13 am

Karede wrote:What's the early game method for hunting? Cliff hunting seems to be fixed, unless boars are supposed to have 1800 armor

Bows work for anything unarmored (roughly up to and including boar is easily doable).

Cheese hunting from a boat to either outrange with a boar spear or regen defenses otherwise and constantly re-peacing/re-aggroing to prevent it from fleeing is probably the most successful option atm.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?