Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby Nexit » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:02 pm

why can't i kill a boar. I racked like 1000 damage in it and it never fled
Nexit

Postby Audiosmurf » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:47 pm

Nexit wrote:why can't i kill a boar. I racked like 1000 damage in it and it never fled

They have armour now. Boars will shrug 15 damage off of every hit. They have the same amount of actual HP that they have had historically.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Clemence » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:11 pm

If you plant before winter and your crops became frozen, you can always take back your seeds, so there is no disavantage to plant before winter, right ?
Clemence

Postby donatas081294 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:29 pm

sorry for asking the question which most likely has been asked before many times over and over again, but this time with scenarios.

To spawn a new character (2) at the first character (1) base, does my 2 need to know the hearth secret of 1 and that's it or does my 1 need first to build a wilderness beacon first so my 2 character spawns next to it?
Also does the hearth fire of 2 spawn with the 2 or does it need to be built after spawing so 2 when traveling to hearth wouldn't spawn into the wilderness.
And on what if 1 character dies and I want 2 to spawn at the 1 base, does my 2 only need to know the hearth secret to spawn at 1 hearth fire or does 1 need to have built wilderness beacon and light it and if by some reason within an hour 1 dies, the 2 can still spawn at 1 base?

PS. hopefully it is easy to follow.
donatas081294

Postby Kearn » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:36 pm

99% sure that you set a password for the wilderness beacon and the hearth fire spawns next to it when the character spawns, thats it. beacon stays lit for an hour
Kearn

Postby Sevenless » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:43 pm

donatas081294 wrote:sorry for asking the question which most likely has been asked before many times over and over again, but this time with scenarios.

To spawn a new character (2) at the first character (1) base, does my 2 need to know the hearth secret of 1 and that's it or does my 1 need first to build a wilderness beacon first so my 2 character spawns next to it?
Also does the hearth fire of 2 spawn with the 2 or does it need to be built after spawing so 2 when traveling to hearth wouldn't spawn into the wilderness.
And on what if 1 character dies and I want 2 to spawn at the 1 base, does my 2 only need to know the hearth secret to spawn at 1 hearth fire or does 1 need to have built wilderness beacon and light it and if by some reason within an hour 1 dies, the 2 can still spawn at 1 base?

I don't entirely follow your question, but I'll also try to answer:

If you die, you inherit from a stone in the graveyard and spawn at the hearthfire location of your dead character.

If you want a new character (not one who inherits a death), you will need a wilderness beacon. As Kearn said, you set a password on it after building it by right clicking it and they click the deer skull on a stick in character creation next to the grave yard to enter the password. The beacon stays lit for 30 minutes, and if they spawn the hearthfire will destroy the beacon and appear where it was built. This works for either your alts, or any one else's account. New characters all come in the same way. (There is one other way, but only large villages will have a charter stone so we can ignore that).
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby donatas081294 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:53 pm

Sevenless wrote:
donatas081294 wrote:sorry for asking the question which most likely has been asked before many times over and over again, but this time with scenarios.

I don't entirely follow your question, but I'll also try to answer:

If you die, you inherit from a stone in the graveyard and spawn at the hearthfire location of your dead character.

If you want a new character (not one who inherits a death), you will need a wilderness beacon. As Kearn said, you set a password on it after building it by right clicking it and they click the deer skull on a stick in character creation next to the grave yard to enter the password. The beacon stays lit for 30 minutes, and if they spawn the hearthfire will destroy the beacon and appear where it was built. This works for either your alts, or any one else's account. New characters all come in the same way. (There is one other way, but only large villages will have a charter stone so we can ignore that).

So to spawn at first character location not hearth fire I need to inherit via the graveyard? But is it before I set my name or after? and will it be where the first character died or the firt's hearth fire?

While to spawn any character to a set location I need the wilderness beacon and it doesn't matter if the first character is dead or not as long the beacon is lit and the password for beacon and for the first character are 2 different thingS? Or is the password required to inherit the first character to spawn at theri location?
donatas081294

Postby Kearn » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:26 pm

inheriting should make you spawn on your ancestor's hearth fire, while building a wilderness beacon and using the password will spawn a brand new character on top of the beacon
Kearn

Postby Khada » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:26 pm

How long can stolen items be tracked? And if you make something out of them (for example roast stolen meat) can it still be tracked?
Khada

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:40 am

Khada wrote:How long can stolen items be tracked? And if you make something out of them (for example roast stolen meat) can it still be tracked?

A) as long as the scents last and can be tracked; B) no--if an item is consumed in any way, be it by eating/studying, or just used in a recipe, you can't track it. If I recall correctly, you'll still have the option when you try to track the scent, but it'll point to nowhere.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?