Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby _Gunnar » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:01 am

How long does an Adder Bite last? (I read somewhere that you need to have high energy for it to heal; I have full energy)
It started out as 1 point of hhp damage and is now 2..
_Gunnar

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:59 am

They will go up a bit before going back down. Seems to be a point an hour or so change. I'm not sure how high they go after the damage is inflicted. (1.5-2x the damage inflicted seems like to me.)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby donatas » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:05 pm

With so many creatures being introduced that can fight back like cave slime now. I am wondering which are weakest in order like in order of weakest to strongest that can fight back? So no frogs or chickens. Mainly unarmed combat.
donatas

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:07 pm

donatas wrote:With so many creatures being introduced that can fight back like cave slime now. I am wondering which are weakest in order like in order of weakest to strongest that can fight back? So no frogs or chickens. Mainly unarmed combat.

Ants, bats, fox, badger, boar, red deer, wolverine, after this, lynx, bear, and moose are about the same IIRC, then mammoth, finally troll.

Don't fight snakes. Just run them over with a horse or wagon.

I believe jorb said slimes will vary based on level (would have to double check patch notes). Word I'm hearing is that on L5 they hit pretty hard.

Forgot mouflon (about badger-deer) and aurochs (deer to moose).

Oh, and want to note you can rank by approximate UA and agility, but you either have the right combat deck or you need to adjust for some of the attacks and defenses the animal has. Having the wrong deck can make an animal significantly harder.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby _Gunnar » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:15 am

MagicManICT wrote:Don't fight snakes. Just run them over with a horse or wagon.

Unless you have a quest to defeat one :)

MagicManICT wrote:They will go up a bit before going back down. Seems to be a point an hour or so change. I'm not sure how high they go after the damage is inflicted. (1.5-2x the damage inflicted seems like to me.)

Just in case anyone was interested, it went up to 12 by the time I logged off - 8 rl hours later, I logged on with 1 nerve damage.

New "Simple Question": how much soak do milestones have? I can't seem to damage one with a pickaxe and 54 strength..
_Gunnar

Postby Ashghan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:42 pm

How exactly do i hitch a bull to a wagon? I have a bull attached to a rope, but when i click the wagon nothing happens.
Ashghan

Postby AAlex » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:26 pm

Tips on catching Salmon?
AAlex

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:12 pm

_Gunnar wrote:Just in case anyone was interested, it went up to 12 by the time I logged off - 8 rl hours later, I logged on with 1 nerve damage.

Thanks for the info on the bite. I had one that started at 12 (after getting ran over by a snake) and went up to about 20, which was similar to what I was seeing posted by others. I think you're the first one to post with one point of damage to start. The nerve damage is completely random, though.

Ashghan wrote:How exactly do i hitch a bull to a wagon? I have a bull attached to a rope, but when i click the wagon nothing happens.

Are you right clicking the rope on the wagon or just right clicking the wagon? Use the rope on the wagon IIRC (been a while since I've used a wagon).

AAlex wrote:Tips on catching Salmon?

Try changing location, bait, time

Fish species are on nodes, and it's weird based on what it used to be like. I think the same factors are still involved: lake or river, shallow or deep, because I can shift just a few tiles from one area to another and the species I catch change. I'm not sure about the time of day. It seems to be a factor, but not a strong one (if at all... observer bias and all that).

You can try using the bushcraft casting rod to get a better feel of what you can catch.
MagicManICT

Postby Granger » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:38 pm

Given the same quality, what sword to prefer?
Bronze, Fyrdsnam or Hirdsman?
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby _Gunnar » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:21 pm

Granger wrote:Given the same quality, what sword to prefer?
Bronze, Fyrdsnam or Hirdsman?

I think hirdsman's>bronze>fyrdsman's
I'm not sure of the exact damage numbers anymore..
_Gunnar

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?