Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby tyrtix » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:42 pm

yup, that's the easy part, i'm trying to figure how the herb grind works, and i am now pretty sure this recipe combine some of the common effects, but also creates new ones with the herbs.
It's interesting overall, and there's an immense quantity of tries to work with... i love such things, tho some interface interactions makes a bit harder to experiment
tyrtix

Postby Acefirebird » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:20 am

vatas wrote:
Acefirebird wrote:Can filled cupboards be placed inside a Snekkja as cargo? Can a wheelbarrow be placed inside a Snekkja?

fun fact: "Snekkja" roughly means "snake". The Snekkja was the smallest and most numerous longship used by the vikings.

Filled Cupboard (and Metal Cabinet) can't be placed into anything. Filled Wheelbarrows can be placed.

Haven and Viking Snekkjas seem to be different beasts. While Haven Snekkja is purely sail-driven ship that can only carry 4 Hearthlings, Viking Snekkja has at least 20 People rowing it.

Neat video series about vikings and their seafaring

Wow, super interesting stuff there.

Thank you for your response!
Spooky.
Acefirebird

Postby noindyfikator » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:37 am

I am checking out latest default client changes, is there option to see items quality without need to hover mouse over it? Like in custom clients?
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby vatas » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:28 am

noindyfikator wrote:I am checking out latest default client changes, is there option to see items quality without need to hover mouse over it? Like in custom clients?

I's hidden under the (A)dventure -> (T)ogless.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Acefirebird » Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:25 am

Hey folks,

My friend and I found a small abandoned property with an anvil on it. We need to use the anvil for crafting something.

I'm thinking that since it's abandoned, I will buy trespassing and theft so I can use the anvil and hopefully find a container with a smithy's hammer in it.

Is there any downside to buying the trespassing and theft skills? Is there any downside to using them? How often to people summon demons or track down hearthlings?

I'm afraid to get these skills because I don't know what the immediate consequences will be. I'm not planning on becoming a straight up pirate but I also don't want to be held back.

A preemptive thank you.
Spooky.
Acefirebird

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:16 am

There's no downside to having those skills.
It's extremely unlikely anybody will summon a nidbane on you if they find your scents, which is also unlikely at this point in the world. Make sure your hearthfire is secure, and when you logout nobody can interact with your character, since it will stay in the world until your scents expire.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Acefirebird » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:49 am

Do snekkjas decay if not placed inside a claim? Do construction signs decay?
Spooky.
Acefirebird

Postby vatas » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:21 am

Acefirebird wrote:Do snekkjas decay if not placed inside a claim? Do construction signs decay?

First is a solid yes, I don't think anything player-built is completely immune to decay outside a claim.

Second is more complicated, I think there were reports that some of the materials already built into the construction sign could vanish if sign was left out long enough but I don't remember anything like that during recent years.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Fishbro001 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:05 am

Hey I came back to play a little of haven and I see that it says that the study time of curios take 1-5 days?
Isn't it a bit too much ? Why the change?
Fishbro001

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:52 am

I'm fairly certain the tooltips on vanilla are inaccurate
The correct ones should be listed here http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Curiosity#All_Curiosities
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?