Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby mvgulik » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:16 pm

vatas wrote:
Spacecpp wrote:What happened to towercaps? They aren't giving mine support radius anymore.

Which client?

Definitely not the Default (or Ender) client. So that kinda leaves some outdated none "Render" custom client.
mvgulik

Postby mvgulik » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:34 pm

RoB-wiki: "Caution: Chopping towercap will immediately cause a cave-in to occur if they have prevented a cave in, even if all tiles are supported by other supports." (31 August 2017)

Is that last part (still) a real thing?
(sound a bit like it might be a potential none-intended feature to me, or ... it seem a bit of a nasty and illogical game feature to me.)

+ A) Relates to 'any and all' supports (ie: Towercaps AND build-supports)?
Or:
B) Only related to other overlapping build-supports supports.
C) Only related to other towercap supports.

---

Mmm. The "if they have prevented a cave in" sound a bit like they keep track of which cave-in's where blocked by the towercap, before other supports where build/added.
Possible, but sounds a bit improbable.
Last edited by mvgulik on Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mvgulik

Postby vatas » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:42 pm

I can't find anythng more solid than this thread: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=66459
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby mvgulik » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:11 pm

vatas wrote:I can't find anythng more solid than this thread: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=66459

Thanks.

Seems rock solid to me.
Archiplex wrote:The bug is that caveins are supposed to be stopped if there are ANY supports in range, allowing you to build supports near a towercap and then chop down the towercap safely.

The issue is that this doesn't always work, and that occasionally caveins will happen even in protected areas. This isn't unique to towercaps, either- it's happened plenty of times to me when a pillar breaks while you're mining- even if the area is supported by another pillar, the cavein somehow still occurs in it.

Easier to notice with towercaps as they are often planted and chopped within very supported regions.

Erm, Seems that other part came from Jorb himself ... why he would write that it in a past tense form baffle me. :? (unless ... )
jorb wrote:Key Fixes
-----------------------
  • Supports, they can be safely removed if they have never prevented a cave in.
mvgulik

Postby Spacecpp » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:35 pm

mvgulik wrote:
vatas wrote:
Spacecpp wrote:What happened to towercaps? They aren't giving mine support radius anymore.

Which client?

Definitely not the Default (or Ender) client. So that kinda leaves some outdated none "Render" custom client.

Oh you are correct. I was on amber, tried ender now and the radius is shown.
However, I recently got a cave in by mining on a tile that was supposed to be protected by a towercap, so I tought they had stopped working.
Spacecpp

Postby valik185 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:34 am

1.80.0.5fe4c30a
Windows 10 10.0 x64, 1.8.0_271 x86
Intel (Intel(R) HD Graphics 405) - 4.4.0 - Build 20.19.15.5107

java.lang.RuntimeException: Delayed error in resource gfx/hud/mmap/plo (v5), from forking source backed by HTTP res source (https://game.havenandhearth.com/hres/)
at haven.Resource$Pool$Queued.get(Resource.java:405)
at haven.Resource$Pool$Queued.get(Resource.java:374)
at haven.Session$CachedRes$Ref.get(Session.java:124)
at haven.Session$CachedRes$Ref.get(Session.java:117)
at haven.GobIcon.tex(GobIcon.java:51)
at haven.LocalMiniMap.drawicons(LocalMiniMap.java:214)
at haven.LocalMiniMap.draw(LocalMiniMap.java:471)
at haven.Widget.draw(Widget.java:726)
at haven.Widget.draw(Widget.java:731)
at haven.MinimapWnd.draw(MinimapWnd.java:288)
at haven.GameUI.draw(GameUI.java:786)
at haven.RootWidget.draw(RootWidget.java:67)
at haven.UI.draw(UI.java:144)
at haven.HavenPanel.rootdraw(HavenPanel.java:349)
at haven.HavenPanel.run(HavenPanel.java:648)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: haven.Resource$LoadException: Invalid image data in gfx/hud/mmap/plo
at haven.Resource$Image.<init>(Resource.java:935)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor4.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at haven.Resource$LayerConstructor.cons(Resource.java:815)
at haven.Resource.load(Resource.java:1508)
at haven.Resource.access$600(Resource.java:43)
at haven.Resource$Pool.handle(Resource.java:454)
at haven.Resource$Pool.access$1100(Resource.java:351)
at haven.Resource$Pool$Loader.run(Resource.java:607)
... 1 more
Suppressed: haven.Resource$LoadException: Load error in resource gfx/hud/mmap/plo(v5), from cache source backed by FileCache(https://game.havenandhearth.com/hres/)
at haven.Resource$Pool.handle(Resource.java:466)
... 3 more
Suppressed: haven.Resource$LoadException: Load error in resource gfx/hud/mmap/plo(v5), from local res source
... 4 more
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Could not find resource locally: gfx/hud/mmap/plo
at haven.Resource$JarSource.get(Resource.java:255)
at haven.Resource$Pool.handle(Resource.java:450)
... 3 more
Caused by: haven.Message$EOF: Required 16 bytes, got only 0
at haven.Message.rensure(Message.java:103)
at haven.Message.bytes(Message.java:186)
at haven.Resource.load(Resource.java:1492)
at haven.Resource.access$600(Resource.java:43)
at haven.Resource$Pool.handle(Resource.java:454)
... 3 more
valik185

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:12 am

valik185 wrote:java.lang.RuntimeException: Delayed error in resource gfx/hud/mmap/plo (v5), from forking source backed by HTTP res source (https://game.havenandhearth.com/hres/)

Not an appropriate place for tech support issues. Please see the stickies in "Bugs" or the thread for the client you are using.

From the post, I'm guessing Amber. Amber hasn't been updated in a bit now, and I'd suggest finding a different client. There is a community update posted here, but I haven't checked it out myself as of yet.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby valeriesusanne » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:50 pm

I have a "just wondering" question...

I keep a couple of horses handy at hitching posts for quick access. I've noticed over the past couple of weeks that - quite consistently - one of them will be untethered walking around. Not a huge problem, they can't get out of my palisade, but they will wander out of range of the troughs. Just wondering if this might be a bug, or if there is some mechanic involved that I'm not understanding. The hitching posts are right next to each other - do they get tangled up and one breaks free? (like my real life horses have been known to do)
"He doesn't understand. Explain as you would a child." General Roth'h'ar Sarris
valeriesusanne

Postby Ardennesss » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:04 pm

valeriesusanne wrote:I have a "just wondering" question...

I keep a couple of horses handy at hitching posts for quick access. I've noticed over the past couple of weeks that - quite consistently - one of them will be untethered walking around. Not a huge problem, they can't get out of my palisade, but they will wander out of range of the troughs. Just wondering if this might be a bug, or if there is some mechanic involved that I'm not understanding. The hitching posts are right next to each other - do they get tangled up and one breaks free? (like my real life horses have been known to do)
Check if they're near a grid border, if I remember correctly tethering animals to objects in separate grids to where they're standing can cause issues.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby valeriesusanne » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:06 am

Ok, thanks! I'll pay attention to that next time :)
"He doesn't understand. Explain as you would a child." General Roth'h'ar Sarris
valeriesusanne

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?