Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby mvgulik » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:26 am

Crafting path to "Egg & Bacon" ?
Or just Bacon, which I (or RoB) don't have either.

(Mmm. Figure bacon might be spit-roasted domestic pig related, which is the one animal I don't have running around.)
mvgulik

Postby Fostik » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:21 pm

mvgulik wrote:Crafting path to "Egg & Bacon" ?
Or just Bacon, which I (or RoB) don't have either.

(Mmm. Figure bacon might be spit-roasted domestic pig related, which is the one animal I don't have running around.)

It requires smoked boar or pork, created a page:
http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Egg_%26_Bacon
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby mvgulik » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:22 am

Fostik wrote:It requires smoked boar or pork, created a page:
http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Egg_%26_Bacon

Thank you . :)
mvgulik

Postby Mortis123 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:05 pm

Hey all!

Couple of questions from a gamer who is back to the game after 1,5 year break. Here it is:

1) Smoke Sheds can be filled with different types of blocks of wood. What's the best type? Cannot find anything about that.
2) What is the best maneuver for hunting animals early on? I used Combat Meditation previously but Chin Up can be more effective while cheesing from a boat / horse, right?
3) It is possible to build some kind of a cage with palisade to trap other animals? I think I read about that somewhere but I cannot find this topic anymore. Also don't know if it's still up to date.

Cheers!
Mortis123

Postby mvgulik » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:06 pm

1) "Best" is subjective to target wish. Explore https://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/vi ... 49&t=68530 for potential input/output variations.
mvgulik

Postby noindyfikator » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:22 pm

Can i see my ping in default client?
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby Phaen » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:10 pm

So I was gone for multiple years and I'm trying to figure out the current siege mechanics. I read something about a "Claim Shield" implemented in this patch. Does anyone know if this is still a thing ingame?
Phaen

Postby Mortis123 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:49 pm

mvgulik wrote:1) "Best" is subjective to target wish. Explore https://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/vi ... 49&t=68530 for potential input/output variations.

Thanks man for the link.

Anyone else who can answer my other 2 questions please ? :)
Mortis123

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:50 pm

Mortis123 wrote:Anyone else who can answer my other 2 questions please

#2 you answered yourself. Most of the combat maneuvers require you being attacked or attacking to generate charge or create some sort of advantage, or otherwise boost defensive or offensive values. Shield Up would be the only other one to consider if you are using hunting exploits. Given the combat update this world, it may be a more useful investment as the bigger MC bonus will hopefully scale your defense high enough to slow the openings you get even more. Also, other offensive or defensive boosting maneuvers may not have any actual effect depending on what you're fighting.

#3 That I'm aware, "Yes." I don't keep track of such links myself. I understand it is still used for mammoths by some. Mostly, just build a palisade with a couple of gates. Let it dry completely so soak is at max values, and then kite whatever animal you're hunting into it.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:00 pm

Phaen wrote:So I was gone for multiple years and I'm trying to figure out the current siege mechanics. I read something about a "Claim Shield" implemented in this patch. Does anyone know if this is still a thing ingame?

Not really. If I have the rules correct this time*: Rams (or wrecking balls) are used to put holes in walls or otherwise break objects with large soak. Archery Towers can be built to defend against rams--they deal X amount of damage to rams or other siege weapons if they are in range. Catapults can be used to attack towers "safely" as they have a longer range--safely as in they won't receive return fire if placed out of range, not "you can safely attack that village and nobody will attack you back ;) .

There are some claim rules in place for things such as the timeline to actively attack the walls. See http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/vie ... 75#p847255 "siege" section.

I may be forgetting something, too. Siege isn't something I keep track of as well as I could since I don't actively use it in game.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?