Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:46 pm

Different spices have different effects. I don't have a list handy of what's good and what isn't. In some cases, I believe it can vary by recipe as to what is considered "best use."
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby darkpuppet » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:39 am

how do you increase the Q of hemp seeds ? i got 217Q from an abandoned place and i have 240 farming , it never increases or decreases Q , stays at 217
darkpuppet

Postby mvgulik » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:06 am

Crops (like some other stuff in the game) have a randomized max-quality limiting field (per crop type), that for crops limits them from going up in quality. In your case, it must be below 217 for that crop at your location.

Randomized field: Something like this:

See also So what is the cap of your crops where you are ? topic.
mvgulik

Postby Phaen » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:12 am

You make friends with someone who already has higher q hemp and ask for some 8-)

But for real, you can either find another place to plant with a higher hemp crop cap or raise the local cap yourself with crop circle hearth magic.
Phaen

Postby Mortis123 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:59 pm

If my best quality cropp are carrots should I gather the seeds and put them to a barrel to feed my animals & compost bins or it's better to wait for them to fully grow up?
Mortis123

Postby mvgulik » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:19 pm

If your getting 15 carrot seeds (might not matter, not sure), go for the seeds. (you get the same amount of swill for 5 seeds vs 1 carrot)

Note that turnip seeds stage take less time (and less stages!) than the carrot seed stage.
mvgulik

Postby shubla » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:31 am

Mortis123 wrote:If my best quality cropp are carrots should I gather the seeds and put them to a barrel to feed my animals & compost bins or it's better to wait for them to fully grow up?

It only impacts on quantity, if something, not quality. So it doesn't matter.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Boons » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:20 pm

Hello I not understand thing about make wall. If make wall not on stone but on dirt, can mean person drop more dirt on wall so will not look good anymore? I check wiki but no find answer.
Boons

Postby mvgulik » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:54 pm

Walls, just like other fixed objects (like trees for example) will block changing the ground level of tiles that are covered by there hitbox/bounding-box.
mvgulik

Postby estilla » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:32 pm

Is it possible to see the quality of seeds stored in a Granary and the quality of any stuff stored in a barrel?
I see the quantity, but since the quality gets averaged for batches of seeds and "barrely stuff", it would make sense to be able to see that as well, without the need to take out a batch of stuff. However, I can not seem to find any checkbox in the settings to enable this. :/
estilla

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?