Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby uncleseano » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:17 pm

Two Sexy Qs'

1. How long does it take for a troll to piss off? That big bastard filled my pants with shepards pie but has been hanging around the mine for over a day. Plus I wasn't even logged in

2. Which gives more coal? Boards or Blocks? I know that boards are better generally as you can use a higher Q bone saw but what if you're looking for quantity over quality or your tree Q is just garbage?
uncleseano

Postby abt79 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:27 pm

uncleseano wrote:Two Sexy Qs'

1. How long does it take for a troll to piss off? That big bastard filled my pants with shepards pie but has been hanging around the mine for over a day. Plus I wasn't even logged in

2. Which gives more coal? Boards or Blocks? I know that boards are better generally as you can use a higher Q bone saw but what if you're looking for quantity over quality or your tree Q is just garbage?

1. Trolls NEVER despawn, either get someone else to kill it, kill it yourself (archer alts), or live with it

2. Blocks give more coal and tar, boards give less (and like you said, will generally be of better q)
abt79

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:56 am

2 coal per block, 1.5 coal per board http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Tar_Kiln
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Rexz » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:02 am

From http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Farming
To maximize quality gain, it is advisable to take any given quality of seed and split it up into multiple plantings. With maximum skills, plants will yield three times their number in plantings-worth of seed. Planting in three phases, at least 5 hours apart will give you three chances to score the +5. Whatever the results, the highest quality seed will be sufficient to repeat the planting. If expanding the crops is a priority, two plantings leaves enough seed to expand each planting by 50%. This method avoids the downside of a bad RNG result unless all three plantings roll poorly (which is unlikely). Therefore, doing this will consistently increase average seed quality, and thus product quality, over time.

My question: does the "planting 5 hours apart" refers to in-game hours or real life hours.
Rexz

Postby uncleseano » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:55 am

abt79 wrote:
uncleseano wrote:Two Sexy Qs'

1. Trolls NEVER despawn, either get someone else to kill it, kill it yourself (archer alts), or live with it

2. Blocks give more coal and tar, boards give less (and like you said, will generally be of better q)

Shit really? Guess I'll try grab some alts to lure it away deeper into the passages

Just for the shits how do you go about archer alts? How many, what stats etc?
uncleseano

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:40 pm

Rexz wrote:My question: does the "planting 5 hours apart" refers to in-game hours or real life hours.

Real life. We've tried to make sure everything on RoB is posted that way unless specifically stated as "game time."

uncleseano wrote:Just for the shits how do you go about archer alts? How many, what stats etc?

If you don't care about getting any quality out of the troll, just make one, rinse, and repeat. More will just make it faster. If you do want some quality, make the best arrows you can afford to lose a lot of. If you can run a second account, you can use a throwaway alt to kite the troll to and away from the exit so the archer is less likely to die.

Having the Hunter and Foraging credos (Marksman, Perception) gives you minimum base stats for descendants for future planning. Odds are you will find another troll later.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby uncleseano » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:26 am

MagicManICT wrote:
Rexz wrote:My question: does the "planting 5 hours apart" refers to in-game hours or real life hours.

Real life. We've tried to make sure everything on RoB is posted that way unless specifically stated as "game time."

uncleseano wrote:Just for the shits how do you go about archer alts? How many, what stats etc?

If you don't care about getting any quality out of the troll, just make one, rinse, and repeat. More will just make it faster. If you do want some quality, make the best arrows you can afford to lose a lot of. If you can run a second account, you can use a throwaway alt to kite the troll to and away from the exit so the archer is less likely to die.

Having the Hunter and Foraging credos (Marksman, Perception) gives you minimum base stats for descendants for future planning. Odds are you will find another troll later.

Good info, thanks.

So...while I have yis and absolutely nothing to do with Trolls... Fishing Nets

What's their deal? I've left a net in for3-4 days. 1 week and 2 weeks and each time I get no fish out. Is there another 'function' to
harvest the fish or do you just pull it up with an empty inventory. Should I 'fish' the net? What am I doing wrong here. Just trying to see if it's a case of Shit luck or what

EDIT: Does trough feed quality affect animal quality? Guess it does. Time to get out my swill bucket
uncleseano

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:26 pm

uncleseano wrote:What's their deal? I've left a net in for3-4 days. 1 week and 2 weeks and each time I get no fish out. Is there another 'function' to
harvest the fish or do you just pull it up with an empty inventory. Should I 'fish' the net? What am I doing wrong here. Just trying to see if it's a case of Shit luck or what

If the net is in an active fish node, the best suggestion is "once a day" as too soon and you just reset whatever timers are there. There also seems to be a mechanic to prevent people from just throwing them all over the place as if you leave them too long, there won't be any fish in them at all. From what I can tell, the once a day always seems to get fish, even if just a few, but frequently more, too.
MagicManICT

Postby uncleseano » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:12 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
uncleseano wrote:What's their deal? I've left a net in for3-4 days. 1 week and 2 weeks and each time I get no fish out. Is there another 'function' to

If the net is in an active fish node, the best suggestion is "once a day" as too soon and you just reset whatever timers are there. There also seems to be a mechanic to prevent people from just throwing them all over the place as if you leave them too long, there won't be any fish in them at all. From what I can tell, the once a day always seems to get fish, even if just a few, but frequently more, too.

Right, I'll try that so, thanks
uncleseano

Postby valeriesusanne » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Whoa Nelly! Has anyone else's horses just change colors?? :o
"He doesn't understand. Explain as you would a child." General Roth'h'ar Sarris
valeriesusanne

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?