Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby pawnchito » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:12 pm

patch.
pawnchito

Postby beastfrom » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:52 am

Hello! Could anyone tell me it's a bug or not - I came down to my mine and saw that every stockpile of metal is broken and metal just lying on the floor as if it was in a just decayed container. Lucky that I didn't lost all my metal. I thought stockpiles can't decay. There is no claim in my mine, if it matters.

And suddenly I found that one of my palisade section is gone. Not destroyed, simply gone while all other sections are perfectly new. Furthermore, there is no space for any siege engine. There is a natural cave wall.

So... how could it happen? Thanks in advance...
Last edited by beastfrom on Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
beastfrom

Postby vatas » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:16 am

I'm not sure either about stockpile decay, but cave/mine layers have 1/10 (one tenth) of the decay that overworld/surface has starting w11.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby beastfrom » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:24 am

vatas wrote:I'm not sure either about stockpile decay, but cave/mine layers have 1/10 (one tenth) of the decay that overworld/surface has starting w11.

This is definitely strange cave. Earlier I noticed cupboards disappearing time to time. But I did not attach any importance to this, may be it was a selective decay hit. But today 5 stockpiles have suddenly broken in the same time. And after a short period I noticed that section of palisade disappeared too.
beastfrom

Postby beastfrom » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:24 am

Ok, at least now I know what happened. Somebody destroyed one section of palisade without siege machine. And killed all my characters. But that's not a big deal, how can anyone break a 1 section of palisade without any siege machine?
beastfrom

Postby vatas » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:32 am

beastfrom wrote:Ok, at least now I know what happened. Somebody destroyed one section of palisade without siege machine. And killed all my characters. But that's not a big deal, how can anyone break a 1 section of palisade without any siege machine?

Was it a recently built palisade?

"A freshly built palisade's soak will increase slowly from zero to full over the course of three days. This means that it can be broken with a starting character with only 10 Strength. After 24 hours they require higher strength or a ram to break. "

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Palisade

If not then it could be decay again, also I now remember that decay is "stored" over time while map is unloaded and applied at once when map is loaded again. This was to solve things not decaying in low-traffic areas of the map.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby beastfrom » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:03 pm

vatas wrote:
beastfrom wrote:If not then it could be decay again, also I now remember that decay is "stored" over time while map is unloaded and applied at once when map is loaded again. This was to solve things not decaying in low-traffic areas of the map.

This palisade was build approximately a month ago. 12 hours ago it was completely new and now there is a hole. I just read that catapult can be build in an hour. It turns out that any palisade can be destroyed in an hour?
beastfrom

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:50 pm

A palisade without a claim is unprotected, and doesn't need siege engines to break, no matter the age. This was added several months ago to requests for easier means to remove unsupported claims from the world.

Best suggestion: Build a village charter. You can extend it downwards as long as the banner is under any existing part of the village claim. This will eliminate the need for multiple personal claims to protect various holdings in a main. (Note that it can only be extended down, and only one level at a time, so to cover level 5, you need to cover level 1-4, too.)

edit: relevant patch notes: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=65336&hilit=palisade+bash#p827789
2nd edit: I nothiced that change never made it into the wiki. It's fixed now.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby SumFaggotPlayTester » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:20 am

Did a quick search and didn't see much in the way of results regarding this. If I am to plant a tree sappling, in a pot, in autumn will the growth be permanently halted come winter? Or will the tree basically halt for winter then finish off in spring? I know from reading the updates just planting the seed itself will be randomized but potted saplings where a full growth type of thing now. Thanks in advance.
loftar wrote:On the other hand, there's also a case to be made that we're all faggots down here and all deserve to be treated as such and that we all just revel in that anyway.

Quit letting companies make free shekels off of you; install UBlock today. Or better yet kick Google in the balls and install AdNauseam.
SumFaggotPlayTester

Postby Rexz » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:33 pm

SumFaggotPlayTester wrote:Did a quick search and didn't see much in the way of results regarding this. If I am to plant a tree sappling, in a pot, in autumn will the growth be permanently halted come winter? Or will the tree basically halt for winter then finish off in spring? I know from reading the updates just planting the seed itself will be randomized but potted saplings where a full growth type of thing now. Thanks in advance.

From what other players have told me in game, the growth isn't stunted, but it will just grow really slowly in winter. It will not bear seeds until late spring or summer though.
Rexz

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?