Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby loskierek » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:38 am

metal one does more, but you might wanna look at bronze sword for dmg rather than axe
loskierek

Postby uncleseano » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:05 am

loskierek wrote:metal one does more, but you might wanna look at bronze sword for dmg rather than axe

Too hasty with the question, better do more research first. I noticed it even says it in the tooltip that stone is 30 and metal is 45. All the copper & iron in the world but no tin so I made my hunter a snazzy boar spear until I can make bronze. Ta

EDIT: Nervermind, can't chop with a boar spear, back to the metal axe so. Damn, can't even use sideswipe, this boarspear sucks
uncleseano

Postby Dondy » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:31 pm

If i log out while in a rowboat does the rowboat vanish into the aether with me, the way a horse does, or does it bob gently on the water until someone steals it or I get back, whichever happens first?
Dondy

Postby Granger » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:29 pm

Dondy wrote:If i log out while in a rowboat does the rowboat vanish into the aether with me, the way a horse does, or does it bob gently on the water until someone steals it or I get back, whichever happens first?

The latter, like the boat will be left behind when you teleport home while sitting in it.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby uncleseano » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:35 pm

What about if you logout while holding the boat over your head?
uncleseano

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:59 pm

uncleseano wrote:What about if you logout while holding the boat over your head?

It'll drop the boat where you stand. Objects not in inventory cannot be taken "offline."
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby uncleseano » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:35 am

MagicManICT wrote:
uncleseano wrote:What about if you logout while holding the boat over your head?

It'll drop the boat where you stand. Objects not in inventory cannot be taken "offline."

Sound thanks. While I'm on a roll:

I've two Nasty Lacerations on my fighter. The fighter is on an unverified account, I'm not sure if that slows down healing but it's kinda insane. One is 15 and the other is 10. The 15 dropped down from 16 with a stitch patch on it and the other hasn't changed. I'd be ok with this but the debuffs have gimped the character. -10 agi (amoung others ) on each Laceration.

Question time. Does the stitch patch just marginally speed up healing while removing -2 con and adding -10 per & char or does it all stack. So a the wound loooks like laceration (-10 AGI & -2 CON) and stitch patch ( -10 CHA, PERC AGI) or a total of -20AGI,-2 CON, -10 CHA, PER?

I'm asking because my character can just about function at present but if I appy another patch will it add another -10AGI debuff for a total of -40 over two patches & wounds or is it -20?

Christ I haven't had my coffee and no sleeps means I murdered that question. Prolly could've asked it in 8 words...

Like, do the patches debuff stack with the wound?

Yeah that
uncleseano

Postby Granger » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:48 pm

uncleseano wrote:Christ I haven't had my coffee and no sleeps means I murdered that question. Prolly could've asked it in 8 words...

Yeah that

Looking at the character sheet should answer that question, it shows the normal and the effective (after buffs/debuffs) value.
Well, at least it does with a custom client (havn't touched the official one with a 10 feet pole for a good while as it IMHO isn't sane to use it).
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby uncleseano » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:58 pm

Granger wrote:
uncleseano wrote:Christ I haven't had my coffee and no sleeps means I murdered that question. Prolly could've asked it in 8 words...

Yeah that

Looking at the character sheet should answer that question, it shows the normal and the effective (after buffs/debuffs) value.
Well, at least it does with a custom client (havn't touched the official one with a 10 feet pole for a good while as it IMHO isn't sane to use it).

Yeah that explains it so. Looks like it all stacks. So with the two lacerations and patches it's
-40 AGI
-20 PER
-20 CHA
-4 CON

That's kinda insane, and it lasts a looooooooong time
uncleseano

Postby uncleseano » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:20 pm

Me again

If I pull off a stitch patch can it be re-used or is it just gone the way of the dodo?
uncleseano

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?