Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby vardana » Sun May 05, 2019 9:08 pm

I got 120 farming, planting leek 3th time with no grow up above q41, why?
vardana

Postby kiddoinc » Mon May 06, 2019 12:44 am

What does studying a head do? Seems like a bad curio.
kiddoinc

Postby MagicManICT » Mon May 06, 2019 7:43 am

vardana wrote:I got 120 farming, planting leek 3th time with no grow up above q41, why?

Quality changes in crops and livestock are random. They can go up, they can go down. Farm crops are in the range of [-5, +5]. Other things, such as livestock, may have a different range. It is very likely you get a net of 0 a couple of times in a row. There are strategies to mitigate the randomness, but they require logging in on schedule and planting small fields.

The rules have been changing a bit the last couple of worlds, and I've not kept up with this world's changes. I'd explain a bit better if I could do so accurately.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby uncleseano » Mon May 06, 2019 7:42 pm

Can someone build a village claim over my personal claim and just take everything? What happens in that hypothetical situation?
uncleseano

Postby MagicManICT » Mon May 06, 2019 7:54 pm

P-claim > v-claim in all cases. Your permissions will apply over the village's. If your claim to the land is older, they cannot revoke it.

Still, it's a pain in the ass. Best to just drop your own village down. Upkeep on a basic village claim can be done by a fresh spawn alt as long as it kept filled up with curios. A developed character with charisma and intelligence will be providing enough authority per day to keep a half million authority claim topped up.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby DoctorCookie » Mon May 06, 2019 7:56 pm

I know your pclaim cannot be revoked if it was there first, but can someone drop a village on you? Seems like a bad mechanic if so.
DoctorCookie

Postby MagicManICT » Mon May 06, 2019 8:02 pm

DoctorCookie wrote:I know your pclaim cannot be revoked if it was there first, but can someone drop a village on you? Seems like a bad mechanic if so.

Yes, they can. That's intentional and one of the several reasons to lay down your own village. They can't really do anything to you other than surround you (possibly in means you cannot escape).

The reasons to put down a village, even as a hermit, are several. The reasons to not bother with it are almost 0.

Is it a good or bad mechanic? that's a debate that's been held multiple times over the history of this game. That debate is a part of the current rules.
MagicManICT

Postby uncleseano » Mon May 06, 2019 8:44 pm

I have a main, a hunter/fighter/forager and a Miner.

I guess with the three I should be ok. I'll look into farting out a village so

If the authority of the village runs out will that render the P-Claim within in free picking for everyone?
uncleseano

Postby DoctorCookie » Mon May 06, 2019 9:16 pm

No, the personal claim will maintain seperate authority
DoctorCookie

Postby uncleseano » Mon May 06, 2019 9:55 pm

DoctorCookie wrote:No, the personal claim will maintain seperate authority

Perfect thanks
uncleseano

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?