Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby pawnchito » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:11 am

As long as it is the primary window I've fond Esc works for most all windows like you described on Amber. Would be nice to be able to resize and lock them windows for sure. You can make any window primary by clicking anywhere on it then Esc should close it.
pawnchito

Postby valeriesusanne » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:55 pm

It works! Thank you so much, that's a tremendous help :D (and you can keep hitting esc and windows keep disappearing, in the order they were opened! Cool!)
"He doesn't understand. Explain as you would a child." General Roth'h'ar Sarris
valeriesusanne

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:57 am

valeriesusanne wrote:It works! Thank you so much, that's a tremendous help :D (and you can keep hitting esc and windows keep disappearing, in the order they were opened! Cool!)

If you get more than a few open, you'll find it doesn't exactly work this way. I'm sure there is some order, probably a stack of last accessed or something. Maybe loftar can share some insight.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Rohebat » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:34 am

Would a roundpole fence for chickens be good enough to protect them from foxes? Or does it need to be a palisade minimum so they can't break through the soak?
Rohebat

Postby pawnchito » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:54 am

Rohebat wrote:Would a roundpole fence for chickens be good enough to protect them from foxes? Or does it need to be a palisade minimum so they can't break through the soak?

You need to use a chicken coop otherwise the chickens will despawn. Keep them fed and watered and allow some space for eggs. Only need 1 rooster. You can make an assembly line. Once you have too many chicks you can use a pony to run them over and they all explode in a wonderful black cloud. My record is 72 but i belive we can do better.

Can you keep game tokens accross worlds?
pawnchito

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:30 am

pawnchito wrote:Can you keep game tokens accross worlds?

You should be able to add them to your hearth fire. Right click the token on your hearth fire if I remember correctly.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby vatas » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:58 pm

MagicManICT wrote:

You should be able to add them to your hearth fire. Right click the token on your hearth fire if I remember correctly.

This is possibly enabled only after a world reset has bee announced.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby sambuka » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:05 pm

I need to destroy the mine hole and rebuild it. Tile to tile. Will the mine hole be in the same tile at the lower level?
Do I need to pre-clear at the lower level 7 * 7 square?
sambuka

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:46 pm

vatas wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:

This is possibly enabled only after a world reset has bee announced.

Possibly. Seem to recall it was there before the start of w11. I may be mistaken, though.
MagicManICT

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:48 pm

sambuka wrote:I need to destroy the mine hole and rebuild it. Tile to tile. Will the mine hole be in the same tile at the lower level?
Do I need to pre-clear at the lower level 7 * 7 square?

Mine layers mesh perfectly for coordinates between each layer. If you place a mine hole down in a spot and remove it (or is destroyed via any other means), you can put another down in the exact same spot as long as all other "space need" requirements are met--no objects within the landing zone, etc.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?