Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby Karede » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:07 am

relmo wrote:1) How long does it take for Witherstand to fully grow up?
2) How many blocks does it gives after choping?

Witherstrand grows as fast as any other bush on forest terrain, block yield is random.
Karede

Postby vatas » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:46 am

Forum related question, can anyone tell with simple steps on how to enable the custom SSL this forum uses on Firefox? Every time someone has forum link with https I have to delete the s to get past of "site unsecure" -screen.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Flameturtle » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:47 pm

Evening all.

I've just come to see there was a reset 5 months ago and jumped in, but apparently seasons are a thing now and it means trees dont have seeds or berries at all. Is there alternatives to the few thousand lp I'll be missing from all of that until summer comes around? Doesn't seems to be dragonflies either which is one of my most consistent early game curios. I do have access to a stallion that must have got loose from somewhere if that opens any avenues for me. Certainly makes for easy ant raids.
Flamturtle's Haven & Hearth 2.0 Combat Guide! http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40466 - Remade for its 5th Anniversary!
PM to Contact.
Flameturtle

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:13 pm

vatas wrote:Forum related question, can anyone tell with simple steps on how to enable the custom SSL this forum uses on Firefox? Every time someone has forum link with https I have to delete the s to get past of "site unsecure" -screen.

You'll need to manually install the security certificate for the website, which is a self-signed certificate generated by loftar*. If it was the old version of Firefox, I could tell you how to do this from memory, but since the changes a couple years ago, it's become a bit more of a process, and for some reason my Google Fu is failing me today. This link may help (Firefox 79.0): https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/se ... ertificate When you view the certificate, there should be a means for accepting it as safe with several other warning dialogs potentially popping up.

You should be able to manually install a certificate, too, if you've downloaded one, but for some reason I also cannot find the download link for loftar's certificate.

*For anyone curious about why a self-signed certificate is used, a couple of older threads are floating around about it. The most recent one I've found: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=48118&hilit=site+certificate
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:52 pm

@vatas, anyone else wanting to know about the SSL certificate: There are links at the bottom of the log in page. Here's a direct link: https://www.havenandhearth.com/portal/doc-ssl
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby relmo » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:38 pm

If you put small chickens in a separate chicken coop, without adult birds, will they grow up?
W12:
Argonian Seeks-the-Abyss - Tailor of Unurgunite, opium dealer, silk mama
Jules/Atma Shikari - Hunter of Unurgunte (what a joke)

Old Hafen W3, W4: Hermit
relmo

Postby relmo » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:48 pm

Can the trapped rabbits grow up?

W12:

relmo

Postby iamahh » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:07 am

yep, whenever there's 4 slots they'll grow
iamahh

Postby meus » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:49 am

relmo wrote:If you put small chickens in a separate chicken coop, without adult birds, will they grow up?

Yes, and I think they can even grow up in a cabinet or other container. At least mature chickens used to be able to live in containers for a while - you could put seeds that they will eat, but not water.
meus

Postby relmo » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:44 pm

Thanks to all of you guys for the answers! (:

Now we are faced with the question of whether it will be convenient to use this port?
1) Will the knarr park normally? (is there enough space?)
2) Will it be possible to board the snekkja? (from the ground)
We are afraid that there is little shallow water here.

W12:

relmo

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?