Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:35 am

Try tweaking the image some with a good editor. The amount of linseed oil used goes up quickly on badly compressed and converted images. There are some tips around, but I don't keep track of them myself.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby uncleseano » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:52 am

MagicManICT wrote:Try tweaking the image some with a good editor. The amount of linseed oil used goes up quickly on badly compressed and converted images. There are some tips around, but I don't keep track of them myself.

Gotcha, messing around some more shows basic drawnings in Paint are very reasonable. Ok so Guess I'll get creative.

So if I am to extend my village towards the river for a dock and some nets is it best to wall in the Banner or just slap a P-Claim down?
uncleseano

Postby Archiplex » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:09 am

uncleseano wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:Try tweaking the image some with a good editor. The amount of linseed oil used goes up quickly on badly compressed and converted images. There are some tips around, but I don't keep track of them myself.

Gotcha, messing around some more shows basic drawnings in Paint are very reasonable. Ok so Guess I'll get creative.

So if I am to extend my village towards the river for a dock and some nets is it best to wall in the Banner or just slap a P-Claim down?

Nobody sane is going to bother going outlaw just for fishing nets, so a vclaim without walls is fine. Or pclaim, doesn't matter- they both do the same thing effectively.
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby pawnchito » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:02 am

Is there a calendar or something on going to tell how many days are left before winter? I get there is the changing portrait at the top but that shit is just slightly different colored and I can't tell what season is what. I think its autumn maybe.
pawnchito

Postby donatas081294 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:11 pm

why does pressing space no longer brings up the interface?
donatas081294

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:45 pm

donatas081294 wrote:why does pressing space no longer brings up the interface?

You can toggle this function in the options panel now. It was a bit of a "noob trap," and one of the most requested changes over the last couple of years.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby uncleseano » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:58 am

Is it just me or is this seasons autumn much longer than 10 days
uncleseano

Postby pawnchito » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:04 pm

Can I eat straight from my inventory? I read vaguely about eating from cupboards may be ok as well as long as seated at the table with the symbel.
pawnchito

Postby abt79 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:40 pm

pawnchito wrote:Can I eat straight from my inventory? I read vaguely about eating from cupboards may be ok as well as long as seated at the table with the symbel.

Yes, all will still confer symbel bonuses so long as you are using the fork-shaped "Feast" cursor
abt79

Postby pawnchito » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:52 pm

You rock Abt. Ty.

Uncleaseano, I think the seasons folded together way different this season from last. I suspect this is closer to what was intended, winter was way more manageable and less tiresome this time around even.
pawnchito

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?