Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby Nektaris » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:16 am

My character just drowned in the ocean and I inherited with a new character.
Do I have to discover materials again? (leather, bone, clay, etc..)

What do I inherit exactly besides hearthfire and claim?
Nektaris

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:58 am

Nektaris wrote:What do I inherit exactly besides hearthfire and claim?

This. you need to rediscover everything. You get the amount of attributes, skills and LP as outlined on the wiki. http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Glossary#Death
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby vatas » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:32 am

One way to prepare for character death is to make Material Accounts for critical/hard to craft materials like leather which will take multiple days to make from scratch.

NOTE: Learning a discovery from a Material Account forfeits the LP you'd get from "natural" discovery.

Hint: Only have material account of single type of metal bar. You will gain recipe to make nuggets. Make nuggets from other types of bars and smelt them back into bars to get natural discovery from both bars and nuggets.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:02 pm

MagicManICT wrote:

This. you need to rediscover everything. You get the amount of attributes, skills and LP as outlined on the wiki. http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Glossary#Death

Are u sure that info is actual? jorb made some changes into inheritance mechanic in w12, and afaif it makes no sence on what we knew and how it is now.
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:53 pm

Enjoyment_2 wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:

Are u sure that info is actual? jorb made some changes into inheritance mechanic in w12, and afaif it makes no sence on what we knew and how it is now.

No, not 100%. I've not had a death this world (somehow... probably because just not playing as much), so if there's been a change, and it's not documented, either in patch notes or the wiki, I've not ran across it.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:50 am

MagicManICT wrote:No, not 100%. I've not had a death this world (somehow... probably because just not playing as much), so if there's been a change, and it's not documented, either in patch notes or the wiki, I've not ran across it.

well, I was refering to this post in W12-changelog:
Increased the potential recoup from a deceased ancestor's stats by 15% through ancestral worship, putting the total possible recoup at 60% of a dead character's stats. Full burial still gives 30%, and a state funeral still gives 45%, but any character can now reach up to a full 60% through ancestral worship.
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:29 am

Thanks. I pointed at the wiki for a reason. Clearly it needs updated.

At a second look, it's very outdated as the values were changed at some point w11, weren't they? I'm not sure they were updated. Maybe I'm just missing the edit in the page's revision history.
MagicManICT

Postby Nektaris » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:51 am

Is there a guide on the forums for how to build your first base?
Mainly tha layout and number of essential structures.
Nektaris

Postby vatas » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:47 pm

Nektaris wrote:Is there a guide on the forums for how to build your first base?
Mainly tha layout and number of essential structures.

Since claimed palisade can't be extended without permissions (not even as vandalism crime action) You can build small box of palisade, something like 10x20 depending on terrain, at first and NOT seal the cornerposts. Build house and drying frames inside, make sure palisade is completely claimed, eventually you can extend the claim maybe to 20x20 and build palisade around it to get a farming area.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby relmo » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:48 pm

Does anyone know the name of this hat? )

W12:
Argonian Seeks-the-Abyss - Tailor of Unurgunite, opium dealer, silk mama
Jules/Atma Shikari - Hunter of Unurgunte (what a joke)

Old Hafen W3, W4: Hermit
relmo

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?