Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby dullah » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:03 am

nope
dullah

Postby Hrenli » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:40 am

MagicManICT wrote:2x pickaxe quality.

I always thought pickaxe counts x2 only about mining strength, not the quality (and observations seems to confirm that idea).
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Postby Hrenli » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:59 am

Draguslayer wrote:Ok. One more question. pickaxe quality 68. stone axe quality 100. masonry 200. Using pickaxe from same spot and neighbout tiles with pickaxe i mine stone q100, with stone axe i mine stone q120. If it's really pickaxe q x2, then i should mine with pickaxe q68 stone q140.

Just as I said above - I am almost sure when it comes to softcapping the pickaxe quality is taken as it is. And your example is sort of proving it (there is some +- between individual stones and maybe some credo, but the original rock q seems to be around 130-140). Only the mining strength is doubled.
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Postby Doradus » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:47 pm

When it comes to mass producing maws, is there an animal type i should prefer to others?
Doradus

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:34 pm

Hrenli wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:2x pickaxe quality.

I always thought pickaxe counts x2 only about mining strength, not the quality (and observations seems to confirm that idea).

Aye, that's why I say maybe my memory is just jumbled on the matter.

Going back to the discussion because I wanted to do some testing of the math on my own before following up... I can't tell that my pickaxe softcapped the stones I was mining at all (q22) compared to the stone axe I was using (q42). The qualities coming out of the same tile were a bit random, though, with about a 10% variance in them. Could be the quarryman bonus isn't being applied universally?
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Sevenless » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:54 pm

Doradus wrote:When it comes to mass producing maws, is there an animal type i should prefer to others?

Probably sheep or goats. If we're talking mass production, you're going to want corpses that are easier to dispose of. Sheep and goats have the least meat products. I'd pick whichever you can make the best recipes from, and tbh I haven't gotten that far yet as to have enough domestic meats to do full recipe testing.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Farn » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:45 pm

Why would one of these just sit there on the Dolmen and not go anywhere?
Farn

Postby shubla » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:46 pm

Farn wrote:Image

Why would one of these just sit there on the Dolmen and not go anywhere?

It takes about 24h before they start on their journey. It was changed this world.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Sevenless » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:15 pm

To answer a bit more of the "why?" it was added to stop people from spawning them mid faction fights. It was being abused for throwing extra combatants into a fight..
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby VDZ » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:44 am

How bad is knarr drift? I just made my first knarr and its current location is on the ocean coast, but I'm a bit afraid I might wake up tomorrow and not have it around anywhere anymore. I have a dugout nearby so I can boat towards it if necessary, but it would suck if it drifted several minimaps away into ocean.
VDZ

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?