Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:08 am

pawnchito wrote: its not nearly enough,

don't say that too loud or all those people setting up a one-person village to claim resources will get upset. I have to agree, though. We had a single geyser claimed last world, and by the time we expanded the village out (about 120k tiles), it wasn't even noticeable, even with only about 4-5 of us active later into w11.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby vatas » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:02 am

MagicManICT wrote:

don't say that too loud or all those people setting up a one-person village to claim resources will get upset. I have to agree, though. We had a single geyser claimed last world, and by the time we expanded the village out (about 120k tiles), it wasn't even noticeable, even with only about 4-5 of us active later into w11.

viewtopic.php?p=772817#p772817
Natural Wonders in Villages now drain Village authority to the tune of 10k auth per day.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:18 am

Subject: Grand List of Simple Questions

vatas wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:

http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/vie ... 17#p772817
Natural Wonders in Villages now drain Village authority to the tune of 10k auth per day.

Thanks!! Damn jorb and his terrible use of a single name for a thing!!
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby vatas » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:41 am

Yup I had to do it mostly manually by browsing patch announcements through wiki. Search did find a topic from early 2018 where jorb mentioned he is considering authority drain so which helped narrow it down.

I also added the thing to wiki so nobody has to waste time searching it again.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby kiddoinc » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:23 pm

Do orcas eat people?

I was killing one with a buddy and she got knocked out in shallow water. About 10 - 15 seconds later she was dead and turned into a skeleton.
kiddoinc

Postby KingfishCid » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:23 am

kiddoinc wrote:Do orcas eat people?

I was killing one with a buddy and she got knocked out in shallow water. About 10 - 15 seconds later she was dead and turned into a skeleton.

Na. Water degrades things a lot quicker is all.
KingfishCid

Postby vatas » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:38 am

10-15 seconds after death seems far too quick for a corpse to turn into a skeleton, regardless of circumstances.

vatas

Postby relmo » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:09 pm

How can one switch deck during combat fast? I mean, any key bindings?
W12:
Argonian Seeks-the-Abyss - Tailor of Unurgunite, opium dealer, silk mama
Jules/Atma Shikari - Hunter of Unurgunte (what a joke)

Old Hafen W3, W4: Hermit
relmo

Postby kiddoinc » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:07 pm

vatas wrote:10-15 seconds after death seems far too quick for a corpse to turn into a skeleton, regardless of circumstances.

I was thinking the same thing, it was literally 20 seconds max though. She went down i finished off one orca and by the time i switched to the next one she was a skele. It was weird also because she said she got ko'd then logged off. no you are dead screen. She was near the edge of shallow ocean.
kiddoinc

Postby vatas » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:11 pm

Sounds like you should make a bug report about that. In the worst case, logging off when you're KO'd in any shallow water will cause you to die and turn into skeleton, I should maybe test this...

vatas

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?