Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:05 am

Those numbers have been tested by players. For that matter, you could do 160:80 and use 10 odd boards from anything other than those two types.

My understanding is there a small variance factor you can be off by, but the devs haven't stated how much you can vary by or given the general algorithm that the server uses to calculate the color picking.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby AntiBlitz » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:42 pm

if the material exceeds at least half of the number below, it will also be used as the secondary color, or tertiary in the case that you do this with the secondary and not the primary.
AntiBlitz

Postby T0ne » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:13 pm

When summoning nidbane(s), I added the Fetter to the Doleman, a Nidbane appeared on top of the Doleman and has been there for about 12 hours - is this normal?
T0ne

Postby AntiBlitz » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:37 pm

T0ne wrote:When summoning nidbane(s), I added the Fetter to the Doleman, a Nidbane appeared on top of the Doleman and has been there for about 12 hours - is this normal?

yes, in previous worlds, the nidbanes instantly moved toward the target. The new world changed that, and now they must charge up before they begin to haunt the target.
AntiBlitz

Postby uncleseano » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:54 pm

What's your favourite WILL food?

So far I've got stuff like Turnips, Bone Marrow, Rats on a stick etc Any other good ones? Any animal/avion meats that give it?

EDIT: I finally have my goats paired so I can start making Banon asap. Need a stop gap though
uncleseano

Postby pawnchito » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:59 pm

I think honey gruel is a decent will food. Although everything I've found so far is pretty lowly. Will and psyche are my weakest stats.

How do you tame goats? What stats are required? I read If one gets agreed they all do so if my clover fails will they come at me?

Sorry for typos. On mobile.
pawnchito

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:14 pm

Try to watch a wild herd and wait for the others to wander off so you only have to deal with a single one. If they're far enough apart, you won't have to worry about the rest. I'm not sure of the exact range of their group aggro. (Same goes for any other "herd" animal" like slimes, cave lice, or others.) It's definitely more than the typical warning range given by the client mods, at least double.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Draguslayer » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:28 am

Doing Mystic right now. Searched forum, found mention about some hidden mechanic, that allow to quick reset cooldown timer on exp events, especially about local resources. But no explanation, how it works, just a mention. Maybe anyone know something about it? It's NOT circling through exp events, something else.
Draguslayer

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:21 am

Link? That I'm aware, there's no way to force an event to "recover" any faster. If it takes six days, then it takes six days, and you won't see it any sooner.

There is a means of cycling through experience events somewhat quickly using an "experience farm." I think jordancoles had a good example from his base last world, and it may be in his stream archives. I think there's been another example or two posted around here. (You might need to search in the world 9 and 10 archives.)
MagicManICT

Postby draguslayer » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:32 am

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=65439&hilit=Mystic

Here you go, SaltyCrate mention it but refuse to explain, how, so i thinked - maybe someone else know, how to do mystic (and, i guess, cave hermit as well then) MUCH faster
draguslayer

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?