Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby rodibres » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:32 am

Hello guys, do animals destroy houses?? I ran from a boar today and logged off inside my house, when i logged back on 3 hours later my house was destroyed, no evidence of tresspassing and nothing was stolen... The only thing i can think is the fricking boar destroying my house hahaha
rodibres

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:50 am

What kind of house? When did you build it? It is possible for boars to destroy any house if they're new, and some of the larger animals can potentially destroy the smallest houses.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby rodibres » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:20 pm

It was a Timber House that i built around 3 days ago
rodibres

Postby Chieves » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:27 pm

How do I complete the tutorial? I need to eat enough until I heal up. I have harvested over 5 hen and 2 rooster that a fox killed, i ate rat kebab, as well as a fox, and I have 3 concussions, 2 blunt traumas, 1 deep cut, 1 bruise and 1 punch sore. I have unfortunately run into a boar as well as 3 bats. How will I ever recover?
Chieves

Postby vatas » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:10 pm

Chieves wrote:How do I complete the tutorial? I need to eat enough until I heal up. I have harvested over 5 hen and 2 rooster that a fox killed, i ate rat kebab, as well as a fox, and I have 3 concussions, 2 blunt traumas, 1 deep cut, 1 bruise and 1 punch sore. I have unfortunately run into a boar as well as 3 bats. How will I ever recover?

Completing the tutorial only gives you small amount of LP and gets rid of the quest showing up in your log. Don't stress over it.

Also, hens and roosters will not run from you and you can just pick more wild ones to eat.

Wounds have descriptions in the Character Sheet tab for them and will often tell that they will heal on their own, as is the case with Concussion. Custom clients have added list of treatments as well.

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Survive_animal_attacks
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:10 pm

Chieves wrote:I have 3 concussions, 2 blunt traumas, 1 deep cut, 1 bruise and 1 punch sore.

vatas wrote:Wounds have descriptions in the Character Sheet tab for them and will often tell that they will heal on their own, as is the case with Concussion. Custom clients have added list of treatments as well.

There is also a page with information on wounds on the wiki: http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Hitpoints

Since vatas mentions the custom clients (modded clients), they can be found in the section "The Wizards' Tower." They are in a bit of a strange place right now as the developers have recently released a major update to the client recently that requires all of the modders to update their changes. There are several quality of life additions in them, I'd recommend using one. Amber and Ender are the two most trusted. There are a couple of others (Ardenne's, Puru's Pasta) that others use and like better, but I'm not as familiar with either of them.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Chieves » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:57 pm

Thanks for the help I got. My character does not seem to heal, as it doesnt say that I can heal the blunt trauma naturally. I am curious whether bark grows back or not
Chieves

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:58 am

Chieves wrote:Thanks for the help I got. My character does not seem to heal, as it doesnt say that I can heal the blunt trauma naturally. I am curious whether bark grows back or not

Yes, but it's a slow, random process. I've not been in game in a few weeks, so not sure what season, but summer and fall are the only times that I've seen it regrow. (I think)
MagicManICT

Postby RajinRF » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:19 am

Does the palisade drying apply only to new initial posts? Or does an extension of an existing post also have drying time?

I want to know if it's safe to remodel my outer walls.
RajinRF

Postby Necrisha » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:04 pm

Bark will regrow year round, very slowly, and randomly over winter/spring. only seen about half the trees on my claim regrow bark after I mass stripped them.
Necrisha

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?