Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby Mortis123 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:25 pm

Thanks for your answers. Another quick question (because I'm not perfectly familiar with english language and sometimes I am confused when I am trying to understand game mechanics from Ring of Brodgar).

Question about cave clay: `Cave Clay can be found on cave tiles as quite a rare spawn` - this means that this clay can be mined from the walls or can be picked up only like Gray Clay? Also - this clay can be found even in 1 lvl of the cave ?
Mortis123

Postby Phaen » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:33 pm

Picked. Cave clay is a forageable like Grey Clay. You will find it on the ground. No mining necessary. Yes, it is even on layer 1.
Phaen

Postby vatas » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:36 pm

Cave clay is a forageable, which is picked from ground. Logically, it thus means the cave terrain or "floor." Even so, made change to wiki to be more clear.

I'd assume cave clay is more common the deeper you go, but this would be hard to proof. Judging by the wiki picture, which has Witherstand native to level 1 cave, it should be possible.

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Cave_Clay
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby mvgulik » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:42 am

Is there some relative easy way to get crops quality to go down (to local base level - presuming no crop circles are in play) ?

So far it seem getting them to go up is way easier than making them do down.
mvgulik

Postby Fostik » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:57 pm

mvgulik wrote:Is there some relative easy way to get crops quality to go down (to local base level - presuming no crop circles are in play) ?

So far it seem getting them to go up is way easier than making them do down.

Depends on your aims, there are best practice of planting fields by parts with some interval of few hours. In this case each field part will receive it's own quality roll, so that you can pick lowest/best quality.
If you are just looking for a way to lower your seeds quality for some reason, you can just mix seeds with lower quality seeds
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby mvgulik » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:01 pm

Mmm ... Yea. Thanks
Think I'll go with mixing seeds to get some sets of seeds x-quality apart (with presuming at least one or two sets above the local max-base crops level), and then seeing how they behave.

For seedless crops I guess I have to do some experimenting, and/or just use the slow way.
mvgulik

Postby Apocoreo » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:13 pm

How do I sell stuff for tokens? I know how to set an item to sell at a barter stand, like gold coins. But I click "change", I click a Token, no dice. It still works for coins.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby vatas » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:34 pm

Apocoreo wrote:How do I sell stuff for tokens? I know how to set an item to sell at a barter stand, like gold coins. But I click "change", I click a Token, no dice. It still works for coins.

There might be inconvenient restriction where you can only set items that you've discovered as payment. I don't think I've ever set up a Barter Stand so can't tell for sure.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Apocoreo » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:52 pm

vatas wrote:-snip-

That was it! Thank you very much.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby Mortis123 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:26 am

How long should I wait for my tree to respawn resources like fruits, branches, bark etc?
Mortis123

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?