Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby Nightdawg » Fri May 08, 2020 8:25 pm

What happens if you get knocked out while outlawed and you disconnect (client crash, electricity shortage, internet going down, etc.)?
Does your hearthling hearth back? Are you doomed to just die there?
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby vatas » Fri May 08, 2020 9:43 pm

Nightdawg wrote:What happens if you get knocked out while outlawed and you disconnect (client crash, electricity shortage, internet going down, etc.)?
Does your hearthling hearth back? Are you doomed to just die there?

I'm 99% sure the hearthling is doomed in that scenario. I think the whole "TP to HF while knocked out" should be changed to character teleporting by default and you have to stop it from doing it.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Nightdawg » Sat May 09, 2020 2:29 am

Tyvm vatas.

Another question, what are the timers for silk? Wiki is just wrong.
I can confirm these:
- 7:30 for eggs to turn into worms on tables (I checked)
- 3:45 for worms to eat a leaf, 15 hours total after all 4 meals (I checked)
But idk about these:
- 15:00 for cocoons to turn into moths?
- 10:00 for moth pairs to lay eggs?

Nightdawg

Postby MagicManICT » Sat May 09, 2020 8:22 am

The times listed are estimates on the wiki for the eggs to hatch and the worms to eat. Sever latency can cause the timers to be off*, so being too exact isn't helpful unless you're running a bot farm for it, and in that case, bots can sit and wait for updates. This is mostly for people to know what times to expect. I doubt the accuracy of the latter two myself, but I don't recall anyone post specific times since the whole silk article was first put together (over 10 years ago).

*I suspect the process might actually use "game time" which isn't precise, but does average out to a bit over 3 game days per real day.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Nightdawg » Sat May 09, 2020 2:01 pm

MagicManICT wrote:The times listed are estimates on the wiki for the eggs to hatch and the worms to eat. Sever latency can cause the timers to be off*, so being too exact isn't helpful unless you're running a bot farm for it, and in that case, bots can sit and wait for updates. This is mostly for people to know what times to expect. I doubt the accuracy of the latter two myself, but I don't recall anyone post specific times since the whole silk article was first put together (over 10 years ago).

*I suspect the process might actually use "game time" which isn't precise, but does average out to a bit over 3 game days per real day.

It does indeed use game time, which is about 3.2 times faster than real life (hence why 7:30 instead of 8:00 hours). I haven't thought of latency and random server freezes actually, so I will keep that in mind, thank you.
Not running a bot farm (cause I have no clue how to script a bot), just wanting to produce them to a higher level myself, which sadly takes more time which is why I needed more exact times :D.
Nightdawg

Postby Kozzacks » Mon May 18, 2020 8:38 am

Say a village drops below 50k authority. A thug sneaks into the village past a V Gate and logs off. The village regains authority. When the thug logs back in, can he steal as if he didn't have visitor perms? Can the thug be evicted while offline?
Kozzacks

Postby Nightdawg » Mon May 18, 2020 7:56 pm

Kozzacks wrote:Say a village drops below 50k authority. A thug sneaks into the village past a V Gate and logs off. The village regains authority. When the thug logs back in, can he steal as if he didn't have visitor perms? Can the thug be evicted while offline?

Once he logs on claimed land without having tresspassing permissions, he will be forced to teleport back to his hearth fire. You can also disable tresspassing for the white group then re-enable it just to double check. By doing so, anyone that is not part of the village will be forced to teleport once they log on (if their character is on claimed land). Doesn't matter if that character logged out before the land was claimed or without authority.
Nightdawg

Postby Kozzacks » Mon May 18, 2020 11:28 pm

Nightdawg wrote:
Kozzacks wrote:Say a village drops below 50k authority. A thug sneaks into the village past a V Gate and logs off. The village regains authority. When the thug logs back in, can he steal as if he didn't have visitor perms? Can the thug be evicted while offline?

Once he logs on claimed land without having tresspassing permissions, he will be forced to teleport back to his hearth fire. You can also disable tresspassing for the white group then re-enable it just to double check. By doing so, anyone that is not part of the village will be forced to teleport once they log on (if their character is on claimed land). Doesn't matter if that character logged out before the land was claimed or without authority.

Thanks so much!
Kozzacks

Postby Kozzacks » Thu May 28, 2020 9:50 pm

Let's say I park an alt at a spot with highQ animals. Occasionally, I would log onto the alt and see if any animals spawn, then log off on the spot. Will doing this affect the quality or frequency of the spawns vs. naturally checking the spot with a high survival main?
Kozzacks

Postby Audiosmurf » Thu May 28, 2020 9:52 pm

Kozzacks wrote:Let's say I park an alt at a spot with highQ animals. Occasionally, I would log onto the alt and see if any animals spawn, then log off on the spot. Will doing this affect the quality or frequency of the spawns vs. naturally checking the spot with a high survival main?

Nope, that totally works as long as the low level alt doesn't attack it.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?