Grand List of Simple Questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Grand List of Simple Questions

Postby WowGain » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:51 pm

Fishbro001 wrote:Hey I came back to play a little of haven and I see that it says that the study time of curios take 1-5 days?
Isn't it a bit too much ? Why the change?

all curios have a different study time. some finish in as little as 18 minutes and some take 3-4 days. the best curios are ones which balance the time to study the amount of LP gained, and the amount of experience youll need to spend.
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:32 pm

Study time on curios is the same it has been since they were introduced 8, 9 years ago. Some have times of a couple hours, others have timers of days, even a week. There is a table on the Ring of Brodgar wiki: http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Curiosity You can sort the table by any of the columns.

Note: Times shown on the curio in the standard client are in "game time" which is approximately 3 game days: 1 real day.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Fishbro001 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:23 pm

I see thanks for your replies...

I also had another question, whenever I kill a rabbit there's this black smoke that comes out.
I remember reading some time ago that some counter or something goes up each time you kill an innocent animal and then later something bad happens to you..
But I cannot find that in the wiki anymore, maybe it was in the salem, I'm not sure, but do you know what I'm talking about?
Fishbro001

Postby Exerosp » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:35 pm

Fishbro001 wrote:I see thanks for your replies...

I also had another question, whenever I kill a rabbit there's this black smoke that comes out.
I remember reading some time ago that some counter or something goes up each time you kill an innocent animal and then later something bad happens to you..
But I cannot find that in the wiki anymore, maybe it was in the salem, I'm not sure, but do you know what I'm talking about?

Probably Salem. 99% sure it's just the death smoke.
Exerosp

Postby Clemence » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:23 pm

Do I need more than 200 in attributes other then : str, agi, con, per ?
Clemence

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:50 pm

Clemence wrote:Do I need more than 200 in attributes other then : str, agi, con, per ?

You only need to push "crafter stats" high enough to prevent softcapping. CHA has the benefits of increasing village authority gain and boosting quest rewards. In addition, it can help with FEP generation when feasting. PER is only useful higher than 100 if you're doing archery or being a ranger (need to test per*expl vs int*stealth). I haven't checked what it would take to fill your study with the 16 highest LP/hour curios recently, but the last time I did, 250 or so was the cap (not counting skulls which can have very high attention needs). Run your INT up higher if you are out doing crimes to make scents harder to track.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby fishbro001 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:23 pm

Hey I was planning on going to a different continent with my dugout
but then I got a message that they start breaking if I travel high seas.

So I got a question can I actually get to another continent with my dugout or will it break fast?
How fast will it break?
fishbro001

Postby Nightdawg » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:36 pm

fishbro001 wrote:Hey I was planning on going to a different continent with my dugout

So I got a question can I actually get to another continent with my dugout or will it break fast?
How fast will it break?

It breaks within 5 seconds or something like that. You can use a vortex to actually get teleported to another continent (thought you might end up on the same continent). Just make sure to repair your dugout every time you go through one.

If you want to go over the ocean, you'd need a Snekkja or Knarr (which are ships).
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby fishbro001 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:06 pm

Nightdawg wrote:
fishbro001 wrote:Hey I was planning on going to a different continent with my dugout

How fast will it break?

It breaks within 5 seconds or something like that. You can use a vortex to actually get teleported to another continent (thought you might end up on the same continent). Just make sure to repair your dugout every time you go through one.

If you want to go over the ocean, you'd need a Snekkja or Knarr (which are ships).

oof I almost died then I wish they put a warning like "You will drown if you go with this dugout" haha.
Thanks
fishbro001

Postby Spacecpp » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:37 pm

Currently, what are the recommended attributes/skills to solo a mammoth without cheesing?
Spacecpp

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?