Option 2. Buy Game time

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Option 2. Buy Game time

Postby chebermech » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:31 am

I have a question, the description of this payment option says "Game Time lets you play completely unrestricted while it lasts, regardless of how much time you spend logged in." 15$ for 1 month of Game Time. An option above it talks about Play Time. From what i understand Play Time and Game Time are two different things, the first is how much you spend online and second one is no matter how much you spend in game, it passes with real time. Please tell me if i'm wrong, because having 720 hours of Play time for 15$ is pretty reasonable deal, otherwise why are there two different payment options for 1 month of Game Time (one 15$ option 2. and another 10$ monthly subscription option 5, which you can stop at any time).
chebermech

Re: Option 2. Buy Game time

Postby Denkar » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:39 am

From what I understand, it just lets you play as much as you want for 1 full month, like any other subscription-based MMO
Denkar

Postby Mistmonk » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:52 am

With game time if you buy a month of game time and quit then come back in a year you still have a month of game time.

Option 4, a subscription, if you buy a month of subscription and quit and come back in a year you can't play (besides the free time each month you build up)
Mistmonk

Postby TheHero » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:55 am

So does buying one month of game time give me 720h of play i can use whenever i want or do i get 30 days that are used up everytime i log in on a different day? Because yea 720 hours for $15 is serious value, only a few games i have ever played for that long of a time anyway.
TheHero

Postby chebermech » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:58 am

Mistmonk wrote:With game time if you buy a month of game time and quit then come back in a year you still have a month of game time.

Option 4, a subscription, if you buy a month of subscription and quit and come back in a year you can't play (besides the free time each month you build up)

So you saying that Game Time and Play Time is the same thing, but what about "regardless of how much time you spend logged in." part?
chebermech

Postby Mistmonk » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:04 am

chebermech wrote:
Mistmonk wrote:With game time if you buy a month of game time and quit then come back in a year you still have a month of game time.

So you saying that Game Time and Play Time is the same thing, but what about "regardless of how much time you spend logged in." part?

Means that if you're not logged in you're not losing your $
Mistmonk

Postby chebermech » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:11 am

what if you pay for 1 month, play for 14 days and log out for a month, will u still have 2 more weeks to play?
chebermech

Postby Mistmonk » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:15 am

chebermech wrote:what if you pay for 1 month, play for 14 days and log out for a month, will u still have 2 more weeks to play?

If you did 2. Game Time, yes.

If you did 4. Subscription, no.
Mistmonk

Postby borka » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:21 am

a month normally counts as 30 coherent days - so if you just play 14 days and want to play on the next month you might buy new 30 days
borka

Postby loftar » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:22 am

Denkar wrote:From what I understand, it just lets you play as much as you want for 1 full month, like any other subscription-based MMO

This is indeed the case.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Next

Return to How do I?