Combat Guide by Flameturtle

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Combat (What I've Learned)

Postby Flameturtle » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:36 pm

Bump: Some new information.
Flamturtle's Haven & Hearth 2.0 Combat Guide! http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40466 - Remade for its 5th Anniversary!
PM to Contact.
Flameturtle

Re: Combat Guide by Flameturtle

Postby NaoWhut » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:46 am

Any new information yet?
ImageImage
NaoWhut

Postby Flameturtle » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:48 am

Not since the last update. Since I'm not beelining combat to start taking on foxes and things my combat experience will be mostly ants for a while now, especially without healing items. I'll stop and kill 10 ants at each hill I find for discoveries, but I can't do much more as one guy.
Flamturtle's Haven & Hearth 2.0 Combat Guide! http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40466 - Remade for its 5th Anniversary!
PM to Contact.
Flameturtle

Postby NaoWhut » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:13 am

I've managed to kill everything other
than a bear thus far with no more
than 10 UA, you should try thinking
outside the box mate!

(and my UA don't matter much)
ImageImage
NaoWhut

Postby Flameturtle » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:24 am

Hmm. Right now I don't have the HHP to tank to check what I would need to defend with. I've killed boars and deer, but with archery, and there are guides for that.
PM to Contact.
Flameturtle

Postby Flameturtle » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:33 am

Bump: Couple new skills and a little extra Combat Discovery Info.
PM to Contact.
Flameturtle

Postby Zeler » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:45 am

So ants are getting their asses handled with 5 UA and some little bit of kiting. Anyone tried putting foxes down?
Zeler

Postby CloudJhi » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:05 pm

Does anyone know what the attack type of badgers and foxes are?

Nao, care to share what you know? I'd love to start hunting foxes with melee, but with my internet and laptop sloppy as it is, ants can still get a few cheeky hits in(usually when I'm trying to gain a combat discovery) and though it only shaves one or two hhp off, it still causes me worry due to the time required and difficulty of healing.
W3 to W6 - Blockland. Special mentions: New Avalon, Tarn of Hotdog, Red October.
W7 - Elvenia, til we all got lazy.
W8 - Cult of R'lyeh, til the deeps called us back.
W9 - Tartarus, til death/wizards came for the land itself.
W10 - ???, ruined and forgotten.
CloudJhi

Postby Dahka » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:30 pm

Your topic seems to cover it nicely, I'll share some of the things I have learned.
Ant attacks are both backhanded and striking, as such can be blocked both with quick dodge and sidestep
with UA 1, ants attack take out 150% of your defence, meaning if you want to take no damage you will need two defence maneuvers up of the type striking and/or backhanded.
With UA 5 ants attack only take 100% of your defence, you can take no damage from each attack with only one defence up.
Haven't tried yet but apparently the ants that move faster are much more vicious than regular ones, stay away from them if you are just starting combat
You can start combat with some harmless creatures like frogs, tried fighting them to get more combat discoveries but no success so far, probably dependant on some other factor like enemy aggressiveness
Also discovered the maneuver kick, requires 2 IP, 25 damage, type sweeping and weight 1 UA symbol, 15% grievous and 45 cooldown
Dahka

Postby Dmarc » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:28 pm

For the combat discovery to succeed the opponent must not have any defensive moves active, if they do then it will not give you anything.
Dmarc

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?