Combat Guide by Flameturtle

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Combat Guide by Flameturtle & Friends

Postby banok » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:19 pm

had that happen maybe once with bats in the many times i reaggroed them.

incase not mentioned, boars defo do a red attack. and they also are 1 hitting my defenses even at 59 UA. not damaging through them so I can tank but its not easymode (why nin said easier than fox is like wtf).

obviously if you can do them with lower ua stacking defenses, then great. but "recomended" ua level imo should mean defenses can last 2 blows aka easymode.
banok

Postby Sevenless » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:23 pm

My experiences with discoveries, take it for what you will:

Discos seem to be related to what move you use. Spamming Take Aim eventually unlocked Think for me against bats. Spamming haymaker eventually unlocked Knock His Teeth Out also against bats.

Discos seem to be related to what animal you're practicing against. I'm not entirely certain how, but there seems to be a limit to the "tier" of move you can loot off a creature. Ants never unlocked Knock for me or Think, but I could loot haymaker and watch its moves off them.

There's a limited number of discos per creature per move used...? As in if you spam the basic hermit fu on ants eventually you stop getting any discoveries at all.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby banok » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:27 pm

Sevenless wrote:My experiences with discoveries, take it for what you will:

Discos seem to be related to what move you use. Spamming Take Aim eventually unlocked Think for me against bats. Spamming haymaker eventually unlocked Knock His Teeth Out also against bats.

Discos seem to be related to what animal you're practicing against. I'm not entirely certain how, but there seems to be a limit to the "tier" of move you can loot off a creature. Ants never unlocked Knock for me or Think, but I could loot haymaker and watch its moves off them.

There's a limited number of discos per creature per move used...? As in if you spam the basic hermit fu on ants eventually you stop getting any discoveries at all.

I think your onto it! because infact I gave up trying to disco bats seemed to be getting nothing. killed some today while using take aim, which I wasnt before and got "think" (which seems rubbish btw).

Im not so sure about the per creature thing, because then I would be getting easy discos on sheep which I havent had discos from. need to try more sheep, but I personally feel like stronger creatures give better odds. and then move's given does seem related to moves used, so spamming same defenses for hours was a waste. need to load up skills I dont like just to get discos.

PS: also might explain why I feel hard done by because if people like Cloudjhi are using 9 skills in every pve fight, then even tho im doing fine with 5-6 its gona bone me on discos. fu JLo for pooping on my playstyle of move efficiency.
banok

Postby Sevenless » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:41 pm

You sorta need to set up farming decks if you want discos off a move you don't use much from what I can see. And per creature meant per species, sorry. Also agreed, there's some link between creature UA, your UA, and chance of discovery. Pumping your UA too high before doing discos might be a bad idea?

Still speculation *shrugs*
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Necroliter » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:24 pm

I`m really curious if someone tried leveling Melee Combat and if someone managed to get something except Chop? I wish Jorbtar clarify if there are more melee moves, or this is something TBD.
Necroliter

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:11 am

jorb has said that melee combat is yet to be implemented beyond chop.I'd post you a link, but that means i'd have to go searching for it.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby kaizokuroof » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:19 am

banok wrote:had that happen maybe once with bats in the many times i reaggroed them.

incase not mentioned, boars defo do a red attack. and they also are 1 hitting my defenses even at 59 UA. not damaging through them so I can tank but its not easymode (why nin said easier than fox is like wtf).

obviously if you can do them with lower ua stacking defenses, then great. but "recomended" ua level imo should mean defenses can last 2 blows aka easymode.

Maybe if you're standing head to head with them, but I with 25 UA can beat a boar. You can out run them, so just kite them, stack your defence and use melee weapons to deal damage against them. With q10 fryer sword (the wrought sword) after one or two attacks they'll be sent off running. That said if they stack up or use risk romp be wary. Don't attack while tusk romp is on cd, or they get a free attack on you and I don't know if it's possible to remove their ip with moves, but I usually kill them before they get a chance to stack too much. just remember to go in with your defences stacks and to get out asap. Watch your stamina and it helps to kite them to grassland if possible. :)
I had a retardedly huge signature and have gotten this embarrassing replacement to show for it.
kaizokuroof

Postby stya » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:50 pm

Shameless bump, it was a good guide.

kaizokuroof wrote:That said if they stack up or use risk romp be wary. Don't attack while tusk romp is on cd, or they get a free attack on you

This is now old but you can attack tusk romp with sweeping attacks such as kick or haymaker without getting hit by tusk romp.
stya

Postby Kelody » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:06 am

stya wrote:Shameless bump, it was a good guide.

kaizokuroof wrote:That said if they stack up or use risk romp be wary. Don't attack while tusk romp is on cd, or they get a free attack on you

This is now old but you can attack tusk romp with sweeping attacks such as kick or haymaker without getting hit by tusk romp.

I'm glad I found this, will save my sheep many winter coats.
Kelody

Postby yakitori » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:57 am

hi

>Ants:
>HP: 55
>Attack Type: Backhanded (Blue) & Striking (Green)
>Recommended UA: 10
>Attacks Learned: Chop, Take Aim, Haymaker, Watch Its Moves

attack type is mix? blue and green?
what is this

can dodge "Side step+Quick Dodge"?

this combat basic movie use "Side step"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeK8fQpBT-o

>>Attack Type: Backhanded (Blue) & Striking (Green)

can "Quick Dodge" dodge?
can both?

Side Step=Blue
Quick Dodge=Green
yakitori

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?