Combat Guide by Flameturtle

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Combat Guide by Flameturtle & Friends

Postby Jesus_Smith_Nandez » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:20 pm

jorb wrote:All fighters should display their last used attack somewhere so you can get info on it.

You have quicksodge and sidestep up
They hit you through those two, they probably used a sweeping attack.
An animation that shoots off similar to old Haven would be nice, but actually showing the move seems overkill.
HnH Videos
God bless
Jesus_Smith_Nandez

Postby VDZ » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:56 pm

Jesus_Smith_Nandez wrote:
jorb wrote:All fighters should display their last used attack somewhere so you can get info on it.

You have quicksodge and sidestep up
They hit you through those two, they probably used a sweeping attack.
An animation that shoots off similar to old Haven would be nice, but actually showing the move seems overkill.

He uses his initiative attack right when you only have one block up. Guess which type he used and will use again to finish you off? If you guess wrong, you die!
VDZ

Postby akadiablo » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:16 pm

Tried to take hit from boar with 30 ua and sidestep, quick dodge and watch his moves active. Got hit for 143 damage through full leather armor set. 30 ua insanely low for boar or he is just use only striking or maybe even sweeping attack.
akadiablo

Postby CloudJhi » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:02 pm

Okay, last time for bats now that I can take them properly.

@ 21 ua, Bats take 99% out of your defense of either strike + backhanded OR sweeping. Bats have two kinds of attacks, though I'm loathe to test the difference in their damages.
W3 to W6 - Blockland. Special mentions: New Avalon, Tarn of Hotdog, Red October.
W7 - Elvenia, til we all got lazy.
W8 - Cult of R'lyeh, til the deeps called us back.
W9 - Tartarus, til death/wizards came for the land itself.
W10 - ???, ruined and forgotten.
CloudJhi

Postby Flameturtle » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:04 pm

Most animals have different attacks, with stronger ones if you allow them to gain IP on you. I'm getting busier at the moment and have only been jumping on the game less but I'll make time at some point during the week to comb through the posts and add everything.
Flamturtle's Haven & Hearth 2.0 Combat Guide! http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40466 - Remade for its 5th Anniversary!
PM to Contact.
Flameturtle

Postby Necroliter » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:23 pm

CloudJhi wrote:Okay, last time for bats now that I can take them properly.

@ 21 ua, Bats take 99% out of your defense of either strike + backhanded OR sweeping. Bats have two kinds of attacks, though I'm loathe to test the difference in their damages.

From my attempt to fight bat - 20 UA is enough to NOT take damage from them, not enough to break their block in one hit (around 80% of block down). They hit with Blue attack (Backhanded) for 18+1 dmg and with Yellow attack (Sweeping) for 42 dmg. They block pretty all types of damage, so i suggest selecting one with low CD and just break their blocks down.
Necroliter

Postby Jesus_Smith_Nandez » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:27 am

how much ua for fox fite pls
Necroliter wrote:From my attempt to fight bat - 20 UA is enough to NOT take damage from them, not enough to break their block in one hit (around 80% of block down).

You can kill a bat at 15 UA with chop and a stone axe.
HnH Videos
God bless
Jesus_Smith_Nandez

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:11 am

I haven't read through this thread recently with the updates, but ran across this thread in bugs that might be useful to add: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=41728
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby akadiablo » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:48 pm

Even with 39 ua bat destroy about 85-90% of defence move in one hit, wtf.
akadiablo

Postby kilakan » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:11 pm

Since this is a combat guide I think it'd be valid to ask but.... has anyone else noticed that they are slightly faster overland when they have higher agi than them?

I was in follow mode on a village mate last night, both on walk, and I kept catching up to him every second or two. Our agi was around ~15 pts of difference.
World 2-7:Random Nonsense
World 8: Lawspeaker of R'lyeh
World 9:Lawspeaker of R'lyeh/Tartarus
World 10:Lawspeaker of R'lyeh
kilakan

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?