How long does tanning take?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

How long does tanning take?

Postby satinembers » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:55 pm

I'm not sure if it's a bug, but I have a tanning tub completely full of tanning fluid (can't add more) and I've had a piece of rabbit fur in it for more than 24 hours I believe and the timer doesn't really seem to be moving. Anyone know how long it's supposed to take? I'm going to try to build another one and test it.
satinembers

Re: How long does tanning take?

Postby Sevenless » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:01 pm

Not that long. Overnight my tanning bar went to 1/3, so I'm thinking maybe 24 hours?
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Denkar » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:04 pm

A fuckton of time. Why do you think the 92% "bug" remained a feature?
Denkar

Postby Cranny » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:13 pm

We used to need to be near the tubs for it to complete the tanning, because if not it reseted. I think it was at 92% and we had to have chars near the tubs for the 8% remaining. So maybe it still has something not working properly, or we still need to be near for it to complete.
Cranny

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:14 am

There's been others it has worked for and someone reported it worked even if you put the tub in your lean-to. I understand the server has been up for a good day or more, but any lag issues, crashes, etc can slow the timer on any process.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby satinembers » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:42 pm

I finally got a piece of leather. I think it took about 2 days, though that's not taking into account any time the server was crashed.
satinembers

Return to How do I?