Trading.

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Trading.

Postby rocinante » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:50 pm

This is a more expansive question since it has to do with what trading could be right now, this early in the game, and what it could become. Also I want to get a bit of a straw poll going about a trade I have in mind.

I'll exclude subscription tokens from the discussion since I'm not interested in them and I don't have the money to spend on them.

1. What are some ways to trade effectively?

2. What are some things people are most in need of at this point in the game? What are some bottlenecks that trading can relax?

I now have several crates filled with emerald dragonflies, all of them q10 or above. Dragonflies are a good, common curio right now for those in swamp regions. But for those too far away from swamps it could be a boon to trade. What could reasonably be exchanged for them?

Feel free to think aloud.
rocinante

Re: Trading.

Postby Jacobian123 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:58 pm

To answer #1: Rivers have always been the natural trading networks of the game. Ever since they were introduced, they have been highways for trading in this game. I wouldn't expect this world to be too much different.

Also, easier-to-build roadsigns have been introduced, meaning that land networks can be made for a fairly cheap price of 3 wood blocks per expansion.
Jacobian123

Postby kiraen » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:02 pm

Healing items?
kiraen

Postby Sevenless » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:22 pm

Jacobian123 wrote:To answer #1: Rivers have always been the natural trading networks of the game. Ever since they were introduced, they have been highways for trading in this game. I wouldn't expect this world to be too much different.

Also, easier-to-build roadsigns have been introduced, meaning that land networks can be made for a fairly cheap price of 3 wood blocks per expansion.

... ?

Rivers were at most used for local trading. Anything that couldn't be teleported was almost never sold.

Those road networks, if starting from a 15 block post, act as a quick teleport system now. You can get waylayed though by obstacles set on it so highway banditry is possible.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby TeckXKnight » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:23 pm

Perception food and Strength food will be high valuable for a long time. Int food will also be a strong contender. Gauze will sell like hotcakes to players, same with healing poultice. Regionally based curios will always have value: royal toadstools, crowns, blue bells, etc.

Silk markets will probably take a bit to get going, as everyone needs their own merchant robes before they can start selling them.

Wax and hard leather are worth trading for.

Trade will be long and dangerous until road networks are established between settlements, if they ever are established between settlements. It's dangerous and a lot of work, so some people may decide that trade isn't worth the added danger.

Rivers also don't connect into each other like giant networks anymore and filling a boat with objects slows you down. A boat with 3 objects in it turns you into a turtle.
TeckXKnight

Return to How do I?