Building Color/Design Guide

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Building Color/Design Guide

Postby husky999 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:42 pm

Hey, I have question, because third time I tried to mage chicken coop with two different colors :idea: of boards, but everytime whole coop had boards only in primary color :evil: . Iv tried combinations like:
12/8, 15/5, 18/2, nothing worked :( . Have you maybe some hints or suggestions?
husky999

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:46 pm

husky999 wrote:Hey, I have question, because third time I tried to mage chicken coop with two different colors :idea: of boards, but everytime whole coop had boards only in primary color :evil: . Iv tried combinations like:
12/8, 15/5, 18/2, nothing worked :( . Have you maybe some hints or suggestions?

It needs to be a ratio of 2:1 or as close to it as possible. The closest you can get is 12+6 with 2 "other" boards. That's as I understand it.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Agame » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:48 pm

12/8 should have worked. Are you sure it can have 2 colors of boards by design and it's not using the inner color of your logs or something?
Vigilance wrote:just remove midgets, they suck ass and serve no function besides annoying people.

As a rule of thumb, everything that makes life easyer and less boring/grinding for players is a great idea. Everything that makes the game harder is crap coming from sadistic tendencies of Jorbtar helped by the few players with the same kind of disorders.
Agame

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:50 pm

Agame wrote:12/8 should have worked.

Should have, but this wouldn't be the first report I've seen of it not working properly if the project slips from the ideal ratios any.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby husky999 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:41 am

Ok, Ill try 18/2 again and Ill report.
husky999

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:21 am

Do note that's 12 of first color, six of second, or as Agame stated, 12 of first, 8 of second. 18 of one will cause it to ignore the rest.
MagicManICT

Postby 2d0x » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:48 am

husky999 wrote:Ok, Ill try 18/2 again and Ill report.

Sure thing! Because:
Loftar wrote:...For more complex projects, on the other hand, several materials may be deduced from the same input slot; such as for the stone mansion, which uses three stone materials from its single stone slot. In these cases, the different stone types used are sorted according to prevalence, and the top three are used, but only under the condition that each subsequent material in that list is used at least half as much as its preceding material. If that is not the case, the last "common-enough" material is used for the rest of the stone materials.
For instance, if you build a mansion out of 130 pieces of gneiss, 70 pieces of granite, and 50 pieces of basalt, then gneiss will be used for the first stone material, granite for the second, and basalt for the third. This is because granite was used at least half as much as gneiss, and basalt was used at least half as much as granite (though less than half as much as gneiss, but that is not a problem).
On the other hand, if you build it from 150 pieces of gneiss, 75 pieces of granite, and 25 pieces of basalt, then then gneiss will be used for the first stone material, but granite for both the second and third, because while granite was used at least (in this case, precisely) half as much as gneiss and is thus valid, basalt was used less than half as much as granite, and is thus not valid, so only gneiss and granite are considered. If you were to build a mansion from 247 pieces of gneiss, 2 pieces of granite and 1 piece of basalt, then naturally gneiss would be used for all three materials...
Excuse me, I don't speak English.
2d0x

Postby Amanda44 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:30 pm

Agame wrote:12/8 should have worked. Are you sure it can have 2 colors of boards by design and it's not using the inner color of your logs or something?

It can use two board colours and uses the outer block wood colour ... I think I used 14/6, but tbh I don't remember.

Boards - Silver Fir & Persimmon
Block - Heath
Thatching - Fir

Stone - Olivine & Gabbro
Board - Ash
Block - Persimmon

Should note;
Olivine used 1200 and Gabbro 800 ... I used a sketch book page to change the tertiary stone to Olivine.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby husky999 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:20 am

Guys, 18/2 and 14/6 doesnt work... Any Ideas? Im totally loosing optimism...
husky999

Postby Amanda44 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:25 pm

husky999 wrote:Guys, 18/2 and 14/6 doesnt work... Any Ideas? Im totally loosing optimism...

Ok, I built one this morning to test it and this works ... 12 of the first board, 6 of the second and then 2 random boards (as suggested already by MM)

Boards;
12 - Larch
6 - Yew
2 - Spruce
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?