Building Color/Design Guide

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Building Color/Design Guide

Postby replikant8 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:47 pm

Agrik wrote:
So, while there are many amazing designs in the game, this is win by being more amazing.

replikant8 wrote:as if the sketchbooks make such a difference
I didn't say that the difference is drastic, just one step in a certain direction. So it seems you're beating a straw man.

This is why we can't have nice things.
Discord: Niklot#3126
replikant8

Postby Agrik » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:40 pm

Amanda44 wrote:I'm sorry, but it's just not an issue to me in the same way it appears to be for you
It's OK.

Amanda44 wrote:I don't feel I have won by having a design I personally find 'amazing' anymore than I think someone else has won by wearing a more 'amazing' store hat than mine.
I won't disagree, 'cause I find both these things the same competition in making better style. :)

replikant8 wrote:
Agrik wrote:So, while there are many amazing designs in the game, this is win by being more amazing.
replikant8 wrote:as if the sketchbooks make such a difference
I didn't say that the difference is drastic, just one step in a certain direction. So it seems you're beating a straw man.

This is why we can't have nice things.
I don't get what you meant by this... meme or what? If you wanted to contrast my phrases, there is no contradiction. "More" is a step, and one thing can be a tiny bit more amazing than other.
Agrik

Postby MooCow » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:49 am

If you want to compete in the competition of style, you have to pay.
You want to just have fun making your buildings into amazing works of art, totally free.

Do you specifically have a problem with the devs getting paid for doing their job, or is it because they are getting paid wrong?
Last edited by MooCow on Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MooCow

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:07 am

MooCow wrote:If you want to compete in the competition of style, you have to pay.

This is such a wrong statement. Using the store sketchpads is a convenience. Anything that can be done in game can be done by simply sourcing the proper materials. The convenience is if you want a particularly hard to find or source wood or stone without going through the effort of growing it or digging it up yourself. Or maybe a person is a bit on the lazy side and doesn't want to plan out their building, or maybe it didn't come out right and it saves them from rebuilding. In the case of using something like rock crystals or one of the other very rare materials, it might be cheaper to use that convenience.

Players can and do trade sketchpads. A single page is relatively cheap if memory serves.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby MooCow » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:13 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
MooCow wrote:If you want to compete in the competition of style, you have to pay.

This is such a wrong statement. Using the store sketchpads is a convenience. Anything that can be done in game can be done by simply sourcing the proper materials. The convenience is if you want a particularly hard to find or source wood or stone without going through the effort of growing it or digging it up yourself. Or maybe a person is a bit on the lazy side and doesn't want to plan out their building, or maybe it didn't come out right and it saves them from rebuilding. In the case of using something like rock crystals or one of the other very rare materials, it might be cheaper to use that convenience.

Players can and do trade sketchpads. A single page is relatively cheap if memory serves.

I was just being a little snarky. Agirk mentioned the "competition of style" and said is was bad for the devs to force people to pay if they want to compete.
I edited my post to make it more clear. There isn't a real limitation on making things look good without sketch pads, and building that way is more fun (for me).

You bring a really good point that you don't even have to pay because they are a traded good.
MooCow

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:27 am

Yeah, I realize it was on the snarky side, but being the "how to" section of the forums, I just didn't feel I should let that stand as the final word. :)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Amanda44 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:39 am

Anyhow ...

Stone - Korund
Boards - Silver Fir
Blocks - Chaste
Thatching - Tar Sticks

No sketchbooks were harmed in the making of this ... :P
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Woriux » Sun May 03, 2020 2:06 pm

Maybe somebody knows what types of trees should I use to replicate the color scheme? I didn't build this boat so I don't know what was used.

Woriux

Postby Amanda44 » Sun May 03, 2020 5:11 pm

^^ The green is the Heath Tree idk what the other one is. :)

You can use this to try and find a match though.

https://carrygun.gitlab.io/hmdt/
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Amanda44

Postby Amanda44 » Wed May 06, 2020 1:59 pm

Finally finished ... :D

Blocks - Silver Fir
Boards - Chaste
Primary stone - Marble
Secondary stone - Sodalite
Metal - Wrought iron.

Now to finish paving, clear the rubbish and get some decor on the scene! :)
Koru wrote:
Amanda44

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?