Building Color/Design Guide

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Building Color/Design Guide

Postby Sevenless » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:50 am

chrisrock wrote:guys, to build a stone mansion it requires 100 blocks and 60 boards. how would the 1st wood, 2nd wood and so on apply to that?
i don't know how to make myself clear, but should we count both as "wood" and divide 160 by 4 equally to get 4 different types of wood on the mansion?
or does the board only apply to a certain part of the mansion?

I'm doing 60/40 and 31/29 on the wood types. Just need another damn bar of metal to get that finished XD I'll post a screenie of it when I'm done and maybe it'll give some evidence.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby chrisrock » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:52 am

Sevenless wrote:
chrisrock wrote:guys, to build a stone mansion it requires 100 blocks and 60 boards. how would the 1st wood, 2nd wood and so on apply to that?
i don't know how to make myself clear, but should we count both as "wood" and divide 160 by 4 equally to get 4 different types of wood on the mansion?
or does the board only apply to a certain part of the mansion?

I'm doing 60/40 and 31/29 on the wood types. Just need another damn bar of metal to get that finished XD I'll post a screenie of it when I'm done and maybe it'll give some evidence.

hah, i'll wait for you to post it before i build mine then
chrisrock

Postby Sevenless » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:25 am

151 basalt 99 dolo
31 plane wood boards 29 spruce boards
60 plane wood blocks 40 spruce blocks
36 tar sticks 14 spruce wood boughs
5 cast iron

All the colour patterns turned out as I expected, I just didn't quite envision it well enough artistically. Messed up cause I was looking at the inventory dolomite not the rock on the ground. Limestone would have been better I think for that.

Tar sticks + plane wood + basalt looks really nice though.

Edit: I take that back. I was wondering why it looked off. The background for the wood cross panelling should have been spruce since it's the "4th" wood. And yet it's planewood again. Why...?

The Art of Herding
Sevenless

Postby TeckXKnight » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:34 am

The formula doesn't bump materials over, it just replaces and ignores them. If your primary overrides your secondary, your secondary doesn't become the tertiary. Instead you get primary, primary, tertiary. Experimented with that on my own houses. 35 Planewood blocks, 16 boards completed overrode 20 Aspen blocks, 15 boards and filled in for both. The tertiary showed up normally, which was 15 Spruce blocks, 9 boards.

It's the left-most house
TeckXKnight

Postby Sevenless » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:41 am

TeckXKnight wrote:The formula doesn't bump materials over, it just replaces and ignores them. If your primary overrides your secondary, your secondary doesn't become the tertiary. Instead you get primary, primary, tertiary. Experimented with that on my own houses. 35 Planewood blocks, 16 boards completed overrode 20 Aspen blocks, 15 boards and filled in for both. The tertiary showed up normally, which was 15 Spruce blocks, 9 boards.

That doesn't jive though. I have 2 primary 2 secondary, they're just not in the order jorb said they would be.

The Art of Herding
Sevenless

Postby TeckXKnight » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:43 am

I don't even know then. =/
TeckXKnight

Postby Sevenless » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:47 am

TeckXKnight wrote:I don't even know then. =/

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Art of Herding
Sevenless

Postby chrisrock » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:47 am

Sevenless wrote:151 basalt 99 dolo
31 plane wood boards 29 spruce boards
60 plane wood blocks 40 spruce blocks
36 tar sticks 14 spruce wood boughs
5 cast iron

All the colour patterns turned out as I expected, I just didn't quite envision it well enough artistically. Messed up cause I was looking at the inventory dolomite not the rock on the ground. Limestone would have been better I think for that.

Tar sticks + plane wood + basalt looks really nice though.

Edit: I take that back. I was wondering why it looked off. The background for the wood cross panelling should have been spruce since it's the "4th" wood. And yet it's planewood again. Why...?

does the order of the things you build interfere on the result?
why was the first wood on your house spruce if you added more plane wood then spruce overall? i really don't get this
chrisrock

Postby Tacheron » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:48 am

Wood is wood. For mansions you want 64 blocks of something for your primary (40% of the total wood required), 36 blocks and 12 boards for your secondary (30%), 32 boards for your tertiary (20%) and 16 boards for your quaternary (10%).
This is not a test of power
This is not a game to be lost or won
Let justice be done
Tacheron

Postby chrisrock » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:50 am

Tacheron wrote:Wood is wood. For mansions you want 64 blocks of something for your primary (40% of the total wood required), 36 blocks and 12 boards for your secondary (30%), 32 boards for your tertiary (20%) and 16 boards for your quaternary (10%).

have you tested that theory?
chrisrock

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?