Building Color/Design Guide

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Building Color/Design Guide

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:58 pm

here's a mining column with the base and crown made of sodalite. Other two stone are catgold and limestone with bronze as the metal.

Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:02 am

Stone - Olivine
Boards - Heath
Blocks - Chaste
Thatching - Fir Boughs
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:09 pm

Me again ... fan of the stonestead, lol. :P

Uses the Korund stone, chaste and heath wood.
Making one with tar sticks and silver fir next. :D
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Amanda44

Postby Agrik » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:49 am

Amanda44 wrote:a sketch book page to change the tertiary stone
That's the thing available only for $? Didn't know about such way, one more step closer to p2w, sigh.

Because why engage in the game activity if you can buy recoloring with 1 unit and get the same look?

Edit: Actually not the same. It is impossible to have first and tertiary colors the same but secondary different by ingame methods, AFAIK. So, such design costs additional $ inevitably. I can't express how I feel now... :(
Agrik

Postby Amanda44 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:10 am

^^ It's a cosmetic change though, like store hats and paintings and knarr sails, it adds to support for the development and it has no effect on competitive game play so can hardly be considered as a step closer to p2w imo ... it's a design choice for aesthetic purposes and purely a personal one.

I still had to gather the 2000 stone and all the other mats involved in construction. :)

I think sketch book pages were a wonderful addition to the game, especially when you make a mistake in judgement and end up with a complete eyesore like I did in world 9, lol.
Koru wrote:
Amanda44

Postby Agrik » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:56 am

Amanda44 wrote:^^ It's a cosmetic change though, like store hats and paintings and knarr sails, it adds to support for the development and it has no effect on competitive game play
People rarely think about it, but it has an effect on the competition of style. It's better to have uncommonly nice design around, it is more attractive. Nicely styled village is an advantage in attracting people. It is a thing you can tell about and become noticed. Please note I don't say it is bad.

Amanda44 wrote:I still had to gather the 2000 stone and all the other mats involved in construction. :)
It wasn't directed against you personally. It was only a comment on the game mechanics.

The point is that this mechanic, as I get it, allows one to build from cheap slag or anything at all, and then repaint it with a couple of items for a fee. And the more significant point, it allows to achieve results otherwise impossible.

Amanda44 wrote:I think sketch book pages were a wonderful addition to the game, especially when you make a mistake in judgement and end up with a complete eyesore like I did in world 9, lol.
I'm not against the possibility, I'd just prefer to have it available by in-game mechanics, and the cost added to the subscription. The paid possibility to create designs that are impossible by in-game methods disappoints me heavily.
Agrik

Postby Amanda44 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:14 am

Agrik wrote:People rarely think about it, but it has an effect on the competition of style. It's better to have uncommonly nice design around, it is more attractive. Nicely styled village is an advantage in attracting people. It is a thing you can tell about and become noticed. Please note I don't say it is bad.

Yes that is true, but you can achieve that in game without ever having to use sketch book pages. They haven't always been in the game and it has never prevented anyone from building amazing stylised towns and villages. :)

Agrik wrote:It wasn't directed against you personally. It was only a comment on the game mechanics.

Don't worry, I didn't take it personally, I just meant that in game play terms 'players' still need to gather the mats to build the structure.

Agrik wrote:The point is that this mechanic, as I get it, allows one to build from cheap slag or anything at all, and then repaint it with a couple of items for a fee. And the more significant point, it allows to achieve results otherwise impossible.

I'm not against the possibility, I'd just prefer to have it available by in-game mechanics, and the cost added to the subscription. The paid possibility to create designs that are impossible by in-game methods disappoints me heavily.

Yes, that I can understand. :)
Koru wrote:
Amanda44

Postby replikant8 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:24 am

Agrik wrote:
Amanda44 wrote:^^ It's a cosmetic change though, like store hats and paintings and knarr sails, it adds to support for the development and it has no effect on competitive game play
People rarely think about it, but it has an effect on the competition of style. It's better to have uncommonly nice design around, it is more attractive. Nicely styled village is an advantage in attracting people. It is a thing you can tell about and become noticed. Please note I don't say it is bad.

Amanda44 wrote:I still had to gather the 2000 stone and all the other mats involved in construction. :)
It wasn't directed against you personally. It was only a comment on the game mechanics.

The point is that this mechanic, as I get it, allows one to build from cheap slag or anything at all, and then repaint it with a couple of items for a fee. And the more significant point, it allows to achieve results otherwise impossible.

Amanda44 wrote:I think sketch book pages were a wonderful addition to the game, especially when you make a mistake in judgement and end up with a complete eyesore like I did in world 9, lol.

Competition of style? Lmao, as if the sketchbooks make such a difference, there are many reasons why people would come to the village and style is the least important of them. I mean, it's just a bloody sketchbook, you still can achieve the same if you work a little more, and if you dont want to just buy it! How is it p2w? What will make players come to the village is the people, proper leadership, reasonable goals... And many more... There is a ton more things you can complain about in this game, sketchbooks are not even that important.
Last edited by replikant8 on Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Discord: Niklot#3126
replikant8

Postby Agrik » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:10 pm

Amanda44 wrote:Yes that is true, but you can achieve that in game without ever having to use sketch book pages. They haven't always been in the game and it has never prevented anyone from building amazing stylised towns and villages. :)
Yet sometimes it's not enough? I see it simply: if someone buys this, he prefers it... for some reason. The option is seen as better one. Maybe ingame-achievable "amazing" things are not amazing enough, or they weren't achievable for him by gameplay means at that moment.

So, while there are many amazing designs in the game, this is win by being more amazing.

replikant8 wrote:as if the sketchbooks make such a difference
I didn't say that the difference is drastic, just one step in a certain direction. So it seems you're beating a straw man.

replikant8 wrote:There is a ton more things you can complain about in this game
I prefer to target more fundamental issues that may be overlooked by others.
Agrik

Postby Amanda44 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:14 pm

Agrik wrote:
Amanda44 wrote:Yes that is true, but you can achieve that in game without ever having to use sketch book pages. They haven't always been in the game and it has never prevented anyone from building amazing stylised towns and villages. :)

Yet sometimes it's not enough? I see it simply: if someone buys this, he prefers it... for some reason. The option is seen as better one. Maybe ingame-achievable "amazing" things are not amazing enough, or they weren't achievable for him by gameplay means at that moment.

So, while there are many amazing designs in the game, this is win by being more amazing.

Yes, I get what you are saying ... I'm sorry, but it's just not an issue to me in the same way it appears to be for you ... I am making the decision to pay for something that I personally prefer, the option is a better one for me personally, someone else may think it's ugly, lol and everyone else playing the game is free to do the same. I just don't see it as a 'win' or 'lose' situation.

I don't feel I have won by having a design I personally find 'amazing' anymore than I think someone else has won by wearing a more 'amazing' store hat than mine. :D

I'm not disagreeing it would be nice to have the same options in game and you yourself said you would be willing to pay for that as an added cost to the subscription.

I think sketchbook pages are a really good way for devs to earn extra income as skins are always popular in gaming, they are a lot cheaper than buying a sub and are ongoing, I think it's nice for the players and the fact still remains that buying sketchbook pages are not a necessary requirement to having a beautiful and aesthetic village. :)
Koru wrote:
Amanda44

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?