Building Color/Design Guide

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Building Color/Design Guide

Postby FictionRyu » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:44 pm

iamahh wrote:

Conker blocks, Larch boards, straw roof

I like this, gives it a nice, "rustic" type feel.
Scooby Doo taught us that the real monsters are humans.
FictionRyu

Postby vatas » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:03 pm

Anybody got cellar door material diagram?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby ricky » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:35 pm

vatas wrote:Anybody got cellar door material diagram?

boards are the base
blocks are the raised border
metal is the handle

as far as i know, multiple material types dont affect cellar doors
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

Postby vatas » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:26 pm

Here is my failed attempt to create the "default" cellar door that is shown when placing the sign.

Boards: Sweetgum
Blocks: Pine
Metal: Cast Iron

Cast iron was a no-brainer, sweetgum was clearly a wrong choice (should've heeded the warning that sweetgum board inventory sprite gave me) but pine seems to be spot on. I may have vastly overestimated the red hue, right board type could be something as plain like larch or rowan.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby ricky » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:37 pm

yeah, pine seems to be the best choice here. if you rotate the cellar, you can get the grain of the wood to go the same way as the floor aswell
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

Postby Ophaq » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:52 pm

Does anyone know the ratios of stone and wood I will need for the different parts of a village claim? I don't want to make one before I know what stones and wood will affect what's on the idol.
Beep beep I'm a Jeep.
Ophaq

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:26 am

Ophaq wrote:Does anyone know the ratios of stone and wood I will need for the different parts of a village claim? I don't want to make one before I know what stones and wood will affect what's on the idol.

A quick search got this list: search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=village&t=41353&sf=msgonly&ch=-1

A couple posts from the oldest gave this thread: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=44434&p=577165&hilit=village+idol

Browsing that thread got me this post: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=44434&p=577165&hilit=village+idol#p604585
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Iva » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:53 pm

Ophaq wrote:Does anyone know the ratios of stone and wood I will need for the different parts of a village claim? I don't want to make one before I know what stones and wood will affect what's on the idol.

Idol.png
Idol.png (158.27 KiB) Viewed 4526 times

Unfortunately, I don't know which one blocks and boards are primary, my own idol was builded with one type of wooden parts.
Oh, forgot about metal. :)
Iva

Postby min_the_fair » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:36 am

Here, have a rabbit hutch made with ash blocks and mostly spruce boards : Image
I ... would have gone for something less green if I'd known what colour it would have come out, is that the ash? Or is it poplar coming through as a secondary board? It matches the chicken coop, anyway, so is less horrible than it might be.

[Edited to add a question]
min_the_fair

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:43 am

^^ I really like it, I think the ash green is nice. :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?