Ores?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Ores?

Postby Garfy » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:29 am

RickyP602 wrote:I haven't found a copper vein either. I'm wondering if you can even find them on lvl1? I've used probably 200 rustroots all around my place. Lots of iron 2 tin and no copper so far.

You can't find them on layer 1 of the world. I've not seen one and never met someone who has.

They're also either very rare on layer 2, or regionally located because I've never seen one but know of someone who has. While the area I'm in has nothing but silver on layer 2 but this same guy hasn't seen silver anywhere.
Garfy

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:50 am

copper? copper exists on 1. Ore distribution always has been weird, and wouldn't surprise me if it is weirder. There's been discussion of chalcopyrite and malachite on L1 since the first week of the game, as well as ore boulders in the world.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby tiarali » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:46 pm

I think it's pretty rare though.
tiarali

Postby kilakan » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:00 pm

It must be crazy rare because I only just found chalcopyrite on level 3 of the world.

Honestly I think all the discussion about L1 copper ore nodes is a lie, I've yet to see anyone actually post a picture of a cave wall with chalcopyrite or malachite in it. But please, prove me wrong.

There is copper boulders though, but they aren't nearly as useful as an actual mine.
World 2-7:Random Nonsense
World 8: Lawspeaker of R'lyeh
World 9:Lawspeaker of R'lyeh/Tartarus
World 10:Lawspeaker of R'lyeh
kilakan

Postby kilakan » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:01 pm

Also, just looking for confirmation but I am pretty sure that Black Ore is iron yes?
World 2-7:Random Nonsense
World 8: Lawspeaker of R'lyeh
World 9:Lawspeaker of R'lyeh/Tartarus
World 10:Lawspeaker of R'lyeh
kilakan

Postby Procne » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:03 pm

Yes, Black ore is iron ore. It's another name for magnetite (actually boulders use "magnetite" name in game)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetite
Procne

Previous

Return to How do I?