Raise crop quality?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Raise crop quality?

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:57 pm

My crops... are decreasing?
Robben_DuMarsch

Re: Raise crop quality?

Postby jorb » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:15 pm

Increase farming stat. Generally you need to have more than the crop has qualities (each dimension considered separately, of course) to see an uptick.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:29 pm

In case you don't remember (or didn't know) the old formula, the Q of the crop was Current Q +/- 5 and then softcapped by the farming skill (average of Farming and Q). The random ranged was decreased if you were on soil Q lower than the crop Q to +2 / -5.

Jury is out on specific mechanic changes so far unless jorb wishes to enlighten us. Everyone, please post what was planted compared to what was harvested. Just make sure that farming skill is up above the expected crop Q with that +5 range increase being factored in for now just so we can eliminate it as a possibility as a cap.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby qthree » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:33 pm

I planted a lot of WWW (over 50), q10-12, farning 17, soil q10. 90% of my first harvest was smth like 9/12/9, 6/11/10 or 7/9/8
qthree

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:12 pm

qthree wrote:I planted a lot of WWW (over 50), q10-12, farning 17, soil q10. 90% of my first harvest was smth like 9/12/9, 6/11/10 or 7/9/8

Yeah, maybe I'm getting RNGed but my farming is also 17 and I am seeing similar results with q10 soil, and similar starting quality plants.
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby Sevenless » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:18 pm

MagicManICT wrote:In case you don't remember (or didn't know) the old formula, the Q of the crop was Current Q +/- 5 and then softcapped by the farming skill (average of Farming and Q). The random ranged was decreased if you were on soil Q lower than the crop Q to +2 / -5.

Jury is out on specific mechanic changes so far unless jorb wishes to enlighten us. Everyone, please post what was planted compared to what was harvested. Just make sure that farming skill is up above the expected crop Q with that +5 range increase being factored in for now just so we can eliminate it as a possibility as a cap.

I'm almost certain I harvested something and it got a +9 on one of the stats. They might have made the formula a bit more generous so people can raise multiple stats at once without too much headache.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:28 pm

Well, I'm getting RNGed then, heh
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby Sevenless » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:29 pm

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:Well, I'm getting RNGed then, heh

Farming skilk above the crops? if so yeah, RNGesus hates you.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:45 pm

Sevenless wrote:I'm almost certain I harvested something and it got a +9 on one of the stats. They might have made the formula a bit more generous so people can raise multiple stats at once without too much headache.

Definitely within the realm of possibilities since all three stats have direct effects on food.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby shubla » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:45 pm

Maybe soil affects them by someway and you had hq soil there?
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Next

Return to How do I?