So declaiming doesn't return LP now?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: So declaiming doesn't return LP now?

Postby Redempter » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:04 pm

jorb wrote:I am considering refunding LP, perhaps at some loss, to the same character who put it into the claim in the first place, as I wouldn't mind an incentive to declaim, but don't hold your breaths.

I think that would the best idea, because right now people have no advantage to unclaiming a useless claim which will eventually take lots of space. An example, my first claim was 36x36 which cost me around 12k LP but now I decided to move and I left my claim there, in case something sour happen to my new place, I still have a safe place to go. Since now we can have unlimited claim, this will eventually make the world crowded with unused claim.
Redempter

Postby jorb » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:18 pm

Claims do have to be maintained, so there is some countertendency to that, but, yeah.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby raybon256 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:43 pm

The only reasom I would declaim if I had/wanted to move for (reasons). But if you have a large claim it would be hard to recoop all that (not to mention building a new house, palaside, farmland, where are my animals going to stay at etc.)
raybon256

Postby Sevenless » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:43 pm

raybon256 wrote:The only reasom I would declaim if I had/wanted to move for (reasons). But if you have a large claim it would be hard to recoop all that (not to mention building a new house, palaside, farmland, where are my animals going to stay at etc.)

Well when/if you upgrade to a village claim, the Pclaim you likely lived out of before becomes redundant. That's a pretty common example.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Darruin » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:45 pm

Redempter wrote:
jorb wrote:I am considering refunding LP, perhaps at some loss, to the same character who put it into the claim in the first place, as I wouldn't mind an incentive to declaim, but don't hold your breaths.

I think that would the best idea, because right now people have no advantage to unclaiming a useless claim which will eventually take lots of space. An example, my first claim was 36x36 which cost me around 12k LP but now I decided to move and I left my claim there, in case something sour happen to my new place, I still have a safe place to go. Since now we can have unlimited claim, this will eventually make the world crowded with unused claim.

You only have 16 mentory slots.
Darruin

Previous

Return to How do I?