How do i get out of my own claim?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: How do i get out of my own claim?

Postby jorb » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:07 pm

simimi wrote:Sorry am a bit confused, if 2 people have a bond from the same claim, who own the claim ?

The claim owner is always the person who created the claim, or the one who most recently held a bond for it in their mentory for 96 consecutive hours.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Granger » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:02 pm

jorb wrote:Arguably the bond should be renewed automatically upon inheriting the land. Will fix that.

So then there are two bonds, or how do you think about it?

Making them renew automatically on inherit seems to take away an interesting feature from the bond mechanic, since claim takeover by looting a corpse will never happen then...
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby jorb » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:04 pm

Granger wrote:Making them renew automatically on inherit seems to take away an interesting feature from the bond mechanic, since claim takeover by looting a corpse will never happen then...

Idk. It won't happen now either against a competent player. The only ones who will lose their claims are people who aren't aware of the mechanic, and that seems off to me.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Archiplex » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:07 pm

jorb wrote:
Granger wrote:Making them renew automatically on inherit seems to take away an interesting feature from the bond mechanic, since claim takeover by looting a corpse will never happen then...

Idk. It won't happen now either against a competent player. The only ones who will lose their claims are people who aren't aware of the mechanic, and that seems off to me.

It pretty much makes it impossible to steal since the tactic would be destroying a person's hearthfire to make it impossible to reach the claim stake, and then guard the stake for 96 hours.

Otherwise, now people can just inherit and spawn anywhere due to no HF and it'd be impossible to steal a claim.
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby Sevenless » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:37 pm

jorb wrote:

Of current, this is a mechanic almost solely for trading claims asides from the loss of claims to stupidity.

I agree that's not optimal, but I'm not exactly for hostile takeover of claims either. Since people can ram claimpoles down now we don't really need that mechanic.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Granger » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:02 pm

As i noticed that standing on the own HF counts as 'position is not available' an idea about resolving being stuck the ex-own claim:

I you're blocked let the server test if the HF is on a claim where you have no rights and in that case offer an option to destroy the HF and do a wilderness spawn.

Would also solve stuff like this: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=42307
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Sever » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:00 pm

jorb wrote:

Yeah, no shit. It's not obvious that the bond is an object and can be stolen. I frankly didn't even know whether mentory was lootable or not.

Furthermore, it's even less obvious that studying someone else's bond transfers ownership. You see it the first time and all you think is "Ok, so this thing sucks LP to maintain my claim. Neato." and never think about it again.

Go crazy with the tool tips plz.
Come back two hours earlier.
Sever

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:10 pm

Yeah, the study is lootable. I'm not sure if you stuck around much after the curio mechanic was introduced or not, but it got to be well known then because gank squads would be looking for at least KO just to steal curios for a while.

The bond doesn't take away LP. You get presence for the claim as an extra just like a village claim gets authority from anyone gaining LP as a member of the village. Still not sure of the ratio and i haven't done any testing as of yet.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Sevenless » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:13 pm

MagicManICT wrote:Yeah, the study is lootable. I'm not sure if you stuck around much after the curio mechanic was introduced or not, but it got to be well known then because gank squads would be looking for at least KO just to steal curios for a while.

The bond doesn't take away LP. You get presence for the claim as an extra just like a village claim gets authority from anyone gaining LP as a member of the village. Still not sure of the ratio and i haven't done any testing as of yet.

Pretty sure it was 1:1 from when I studied a dandelion back in the day.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Brav0 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:22 pm

sorry, but how do i protect my claim to not be stolen?
Brav0

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?